Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Fiesta do I go for?

Kingsley91

10 hours ago, Tiexen said:

As your leasing it I don't think you can do any of the "mods" you were talking about earlier.

visual mods should be ok right? we'll see - but thanks for the heads up dude. 

23 hours ago, Kingsley91 said:

visual mods should be ok right? we'll see - but thanks for the heads up dude. 

Not really. If they caught you with something you've changed (for example if you had to take it back), then you would have to pay for it to be changed back. Most little things that can be reversed quickly should be OK (like LED foot-well lights, or wiring in a dash-cam to a piggyback in the fuse box), but I wouldn't go any further really. That's why I don't like leasing (or finance in general). Once you take the car back and there's a tiny scratch on it, or you do more miles than you said you would, you end up paying hundreds. It's one of them where if a smashed wing-mirror is an insurance claim for you, then you'll be fine with leasing.

You have to remember it's not your car, you're only renting it from them.

• Like 1

Is it on HP, PCP or Lease? If it's HP or PCP then you can do what you like, providing you don't void the warranty. So most cosmetic mods and interior styling would be fine. Start messing with the exhaust or engine and in some cases suspension then you may run into issues. Messing with the exhaust and putting a big bore one on is like putting glitter on a pig, it's still a pig. That's not meant to put your car down, I really like them I just don't think a standard engine needs one IMO it just cheapens them. Most people on HP or PCP never plan to just hand the car back at the end of the term so do with it what you will, bear in mind you won't get your money back and in some cases it can lower the GFV and place you in negative equity.

Congrats on the car, enjoy it, sounds lovely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Is it on HP, PCP or Lease? If it's HP or PCP then you can do what you like, providing you don't void the warranty. So most cosmetic mods and interior styling would be fine. Start messing with the exhaust or engine and in some cases suspension then you may run into issues. Messing with the exhaust and putting a big bore one on is like putting glitter on a pig, it's still a pig. That's not meant to put your car down, I really like them I just don't think a standard engine needs one IMO it just cheapens them. Most people on HP or PCP never plan to just hand the car back at the end of the term so do with it what you will, bear in mind you won't get your money back and in some cases it can lower the GFV and place you in negative equity.

Congrats on the car, enjoy it, sounds lovely!

I think it's PCP - I pay no deposit, 36 monthly payments then either a balloon payment at the end, or trade it in for a new one. My aim is to trade it in after the 3 years and get a new model (might treat myself to an ST). But thanks for the info, it's good to know! Looking forward to it! 

• Like 1

PCP is not leasing then. It's more comparable to a mortgage so you should be fine doing some mods. But you should undo them if you ever just hand the car back.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

PCP is not leasing then. It's more comparable to a mortgage so you should be fine doing some mods. But you should undo them if you ever just hand the car back.

yeah my bad, got my words and terms muddled up. Yeah I'll make sure I put everything back to standard when I give the car back. 

here she is. signed the paperwork today, pick her up tomorrow after a clean and the finance goes through! 

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

car5.jpg

car6.jpg

car7.jpg

yeah my bad, got my words and terms muddled up. Yeah I'll make sure I put everything back to standard when I give the car back. 

If you are planning to px the car after 3 years you don't need to put the car back to standard, the garage buy the car off you but give the money straight to the finance company. Anything left over is yours to put down on your next car. Another thing with PCP is that people get hung up on mileage allowance, unless you plan to walk away from it after 3 years it really makes no odds. The excess mileage fee only comes into effect if you give it back, even if you do give it back the charges are often less than the difference between monthly payments anyway. I normally opt for 6-8K miles and do closer to 12k a year which is average when px it for the next car. And remember, when you come to change you can go to any garage you want, you don't have to stick to ford if you fancy a change. The finance company don't care who settles the finance as long as it's settled.

Enjoy the car, it looks mint! Maybe an idea to get some of those rim protectors for your alloys as they will scuff so easily and black wheels show every imperfection.

10 hours ago, Kingsley91 said:

here she is. signed the paperwork today, pick her up tomorrow after a clean and the finance goes through! 

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

car5.jpg

car6.jpg

car7.jpg

Got to say i do like the ST Line a lot,one word......Mint and the red makes it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

If you are planning to px the car after 3 years you don't need to put the car back to standard, the garage buy the car off you but give the money straight to the finance company. Anything left over is yours to put down on your next car. Another thing with PCP is that people get hung up on mileage allowance, unless you plan to walk away from it after 3 years it really makes no odds. The excess mileage fee only comes into effect if you give it back, even if you do give it back the charges are often less than the difference between monthly payments anyway. I normally opt for 6-8K miles and do closer to 12k a year which is average when px it for the next car. And remember, when you come to change you can go to any garage you want, you don't have to stick to ford if you fancy a change. The finance company don't care who settles the finance as long as it's settled.

Enjoy the car, it looks mint! Maybe an idea to get some of those rim protectors for your alloys as they will scuff so easily and black wheels show every imperfection.

Thanks for that mate, I appreciate it. Yeah the dealer said that if i plan to trade the car back in I don't need to worry about the excess mileage. I've gone for the 9k option as I don't do that much.. or I didn't anyway.. but that could change now I have a decent car I don't mind picking up all my drunk friends in lol. They even said I can trade it in a year or so early to settle the finance and use the rest to take out a new car. cant wait to get her out on the road. I have got alloy protection / insurance thing so i can change up to 18 wheels over the course of the plan, but ill definitely take a look at getting some put on. 

edit: these look OK? but now it comes down to colour.. red or black haha.. https://www.rimblades.com/rimblades-alloy-wheel-rim-protectors/

Yeah, once you have paid over half of the balance you can actually just hand it back and walk away, depending on mileage and condition of course. I had a fabia Monte Carlo on a PCP and sold it after 24 months to get into my Mondeo, it was very easy. The wife has a fez. We both have free servicing because we work for the NHS [emoji16]
Those rim protectors look good, I know a lot of people go for the alloygators but I have no experience in that at all. The wheels are awesome! She is crying out for wind deflectors and a short stubby aerial [emoji6]

Enjoy driving her, congrats on a nice car!

2 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Yeah, once you have paid over half of the balance you can actually just hand it back and walk away, depending on mileage and condition of course. I had a fabia Monte Carlo on a PCP and sold it after 24 months to get into my Mondeo, it was very easy. The wife has a fez. We both have free servicing because we work for the NHS emoji16.png
Those rim protectors look good, I know a lot of people go for the alloygators but I have no experience in that at all. The wheels are awesome! She is crying out for wind deflectors and a short stubby aerial emoji6.png

Enjoy driving her, congrats on a nice car!

Thats good to know! I'm getting a service plan quote today when i pick up the car.. American Express don't give such good benefits :( I'll take a look at alloygators too, cheers! I've got the wind deflectors on order and just found a short stubby aerial (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B004AVWX46/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=autoclubinte-21

will put some pictures up when they are on! thanks again pal :)

• Like 1

No problems. She's going to be a nice looking car!