Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Zetec S petrol performance

Johnpod

Hello guys, just wondering what the best performance Mods can be for my MK7 zetec S petrol 1.6L 118BhpIMG_20170603_144315_383.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The 1.6 doesn't have a lot to give without cracking the head and having some port and cam work.  A proper exhaust, manifold, intake and live remap can take these to about 130, but that's about it without some proper engine work.  Mountune or Pumaspeed are then people to call 

On the plus side, the standard engine is smooth and eager, and doesn't do bad for an N/A 1.6.  In terms of point-to-point performance money spent on the brakes and suspension will yield better results.  Enjoy 

• Like 1

Gorgeous colour there, Johnpod. Wheels really suit it too!

The 1.6 doesn't have a lot to give without cracking the head and having some port and cam work.  A proper exhaust, manifold, intake and live remap can take these to about 130, but that's about it without some proper engine work.  Mountune or Pumaspeed are then people to call 

On the plus side, the standard engine is smooth and eager, and doesn't do bad for an N/A 1.6.  In terms of point-to-point performance money spent on the brakes and suspension will yield better results.  Enjoy 

Yeah I know a garage round my area and he said he will build me a custom exhaust, you recommend me doing that then?

Gorgeous colour there, Johnpod. Wheels really suit it too!

THANKS mate

1 hour ago, Johnpod said:

Yeah I know a garage round my area and he said he will build me a custom exhaust, you recommend me doing that then?

Custom exhaust will be good for a better sound, but that's about it.

Not to say you shouldn't do it. I bought the mountune exhaust for my car, just to make it sound better :D

Custom exhaust will be good for a better sound, but that's about it.
Not to say you shouldn't do it. I bought the mountune exhaust for my car, just to make it sound better :D

Fair enough mate, will look into it more just thought I'd ask for everyone's advice first

My suggestions are pretty much what Ford did to create the tasty Fiesta Metal.  I'd recommend a free flowing manifold, sports cat, and new pipework.  A cat back alone won't do a great deal.

Its a lovely looking car BTW.

My suggestions are pretty much what Ford did to create the tasty Fiesta Metal.  I'd recommend a free flowing manifold, sports cat, and new pipework.  A cat back alone won't do a great deal.
Its a lovely looking car BTW.

Thanks for advice and thanks Mate! Got it at 30k mileage aswell

You wouldn't think it was nearly nine years old.  Modern cars are so well finished, last for donkeys if they are looked after.  A Fezza MKI the same age would look like a dustbin!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club