Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My BT has stopped working

FMC

Anyone know the likely reason why my bluetooth has stopped working?

It was working when i was driving the missus to work this morning, but on the way home it stopped (I noticed the blue BT symbol on the screen had gone off)

I hope i don't need to take it into the dealer for an ECU update? Any ideas on how to self-reset it?

Cheers

:)

Fairly certain you wont need a ECU update. Have you checked the BT settings in the menu?

Fairly certain you wont need a ECU update. Have you checked the BT settings in the menu?

Yeah. When i go to the phone menu, the BT checkbox is ticked, but if i try to turn it off, i can't - it unticks, then immediately re-ticks itself, and yet the blue BT symbol remains off all the while :(

My phone shows it is connecting and disconnecting when i start and stop the car (or ignition on and off in the case of a brief fault-finding exercise earlier), but i'm unable to use it :(

I'll go and have another play in a little while (after i make some lunch! - without a single morsel of cheese too :P :lol:)

The light on the dash only comes on when the phone is bonded. The radio must be on for that to happen. is this the case?

The light on the dash only comes on when the phone is bonded. The radio must be on for that to happen. is this the case?

Yeah, phone is bonded, radio on, it shows my phone in the list of bonded phones - when i select my phone, nothing happens basically

i need to go and debond it and start again - i'll let you know if i cure it

thanks man

how odd... It surely cant be broken already! Maybe check out the BT settings on your phone, could be something obvious, hopefully...

Yeah, phone is bonded, radio on, it shows my phone in the list of bonded phones - when i select my phone, nothing happens basically

i need to go and debond it and start again - i'll let you know if i cure it

thanks man

if its a Sony Ericsson i have the same problem every now and then... its simple disable bluetooth on ur phone, and debond it in ur car. cycle ignition and then repair... it gets it some stupid loop occassionally where the buttons dont even work the radio, ie the on/off button dont respond after an ignition cycle it sould revive... sometimes have to get out the car lock it and then unlock it etc... :$ silly i know but it works for me...

Debonded the phone, switched phone off and on again, rebonded it - and it's working again!!

I guess my little Nokia just had a hissy fit at being usurped by the bigger Ford system :lol:

Thanks for all the help!! I'd have ended up in a panic and ranting and raving over the phone to the dealer otherwise lol

:D

while i was at it i took a photo of the phone showing the little car symbol on the screen, to show it's paired with the Ford BT B)

:lol:

S8003595.jpg

EDIT

Sorry, i didn't realise how crap the pic was until i posted it up :(

Can we get a pic without the phone? :P

I wanna see the buttons behind it that arnt on my fez :lol:

Can we get a pic without the phone? :P

I wanna see the buttons behind it that arnt on my fez :lol:

LOL

There aren't any buttons behind the phone - it's just a blank! There's only one button on that panel, the ESP deactivation switch, pictured on the left ;)

I was just guna say "Chris you've got a ZS :unsure:" but then i realised you don't have ESP :P

I had the same problem as you mate with the box ticking itself back on. However, after a while my car was 'undetectable' by any bluetooth phones.

Had to take it into dealers, they sorted it in a day.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club