Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seat belt warning fault

pragmatix

I've just acquired a 2009 2 litre tdci titianium estate and I have an intermittent seat belt warning , which is a bit annoying to say the least,  where do I start to look drivers side I'm sure as havnt had a passenger in yet.

So that's a placement then, or is there a fix?

Iantt, correct again. A blast out with compressed air and a squirt of WD40 has sorted it, but I've got one on order just on case it's not sorted, you can bet you bottom dollar that I've got a spare I won't need it

• Like 1

you may be lucky and you have fixed it.

Of course I've fixed it, got a replacement on order, the law of sod, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's not fixed, just slightly less intermittent, tomorrows job remove seat fit new buckle.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 10:46 AM, twh said:

Does the ecb need resetting after seatbelt anchor change?

No

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than start a new topic, unless deemed necesary by the mods? i have this intermittent warning also, except i've noticed the alarm only happens when the car is moving. If i stop even for a few seconds at a junction etc the alarm will stop, then within seconds of moving off, there it goes again BEEP BEEP BEEP! flashing icon.........AAAAAAAAAGH it's doing my head in.

On 11/18/2019 at 10:16 PM, Pid16v said:

Rather than start a new topic, unless deemed necesary by the mods? i have this intermittent warning also, except i've noticed the alarm only happens when the car is moving. If i stop even for a few seconds at a junction etc the alarm will stop, then within seconds of moving off, there it goes again BEEP BEEP BEEP! flashing icon.........AAAAAAAAAGH it's doing my head in.

The fact you only get the warning when the car is moving is to be expected, the alarm is designed to be triggered once the vehicle is moving above a certain speed.  (Try it with your seat belt unfastened as the driver, even with your belt not "on" the car will only start complaining once it's moving above a certain speed).

Your issue, by the sounds of it is either your car thinks someone is in the seat when they aren't OR someone IS sat in the seat (with their seatbelt on) but the buckle isn't detecting it so the car thinks they haven't got their belt on and starting "bonging" at you once you start moving.  If it's the latter scenario then the solution suggested by @iantt would seem like the fix to try.

• Like 1

Thanks Damien. I have since read in the owners handbook this will occurr at appx 6mph, and it also seems to be the passenger seat buckle as it only happens when my wife is in the car .🥴

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

More on this. I've been somewhat distracted recently but I was reminded a couple of days ago when I had to use the car. I've ordered a replacement drivers side buckle which I will get fitted hopefully by weekend. I've read that the seatbelt alarm is connected to the airbag so are there any precautions I should take apart from battery disconnect.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

I had this issue with my MK1 Focus and I cured it by, start the engine, whilst sat in the seat move it forward and backwards and return it to your preferred position, put the car in gear and rock it forward and backwards slightly, 1st and reverse, that sorted the issue which I believe was caused by me moving the seat without sitting in it, it was the drivers seat.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally swapped the buckle and sorted, no more bonging. [emoji106]

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club