Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK7 Titanium 1.6 ti-VCT buying advice

FatHead1979

Hi people,

I'm keeping my MK2 diesel Focus and potentially looking to buy a 2nd car (for the wife).

I noticed in the MK7, the 1.6 petrol appears to offer significantly more performance than the 1.4 whilst seemingly being able to still offer decent MPG, so it's the engine I'm looking at.

Is there anything specific I need to look out for or checking in relation to MK7 in general (but especially the engine)?

9 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

Hi people,

I'm keeping my MK2 diesel Focus and potentially looking to buy a 2nd car (for the wife).

I noticed in the MK7, the 1.6 petrol appears to offer significantly more performance than the 1.4 whilst seemingly being able to still offer decent MPG, so it's the engine I'm looking at.

Is there anything specific I need to look out for or checking in relation to MK7 in general (but especially the engine)?

I have the 1.6 Ti-vct titanium and i love it,had it for close to 3 years with more toys added from the person who had it before.

Very nippy and not a vast amount of MPG different from the 125 eco (well i have compared off here and mates).

There a good solid old engine that i aint had any problems in 3 years at all,no leaks don't use oil,no noises etc.

• Like 1

The engines are well proven.  Regular servicing with the correct oil is important, but otherwise they're fairly robust with no serious recurring problems.  The earliest ones are just about ten years old so are due a cam belt by dint of age, which should knock £300 off the price if you find one in that situation.

Otherwise its the usual used car stuff.

• Like 1

Good to know.

Thanks all, I be sure to post back with pics if/when I get one sorted

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club