Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta centre consol

able

Hi I have a Dec2016 titanium Fiesta iam trying to get to the cig lighter to pick up a live feed any advise on how to remove gear lever cover so i can possible get to wiring  . Is the cig lighter colour yellow and blue??

thanks able

Does it need to be from behind the socket or would it be easier to use a piggyback fusetap from the footwell fusebox?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi thanks for reply.

ii did try the piggy back fuse from eBay but sadly it didn't fit the fuse box the adapter legs just where to short to connect , so I give up with that and now looking at making connection on back of cig lighter but can't get access to it

The Fiesta fuse box doesn't suit many of the mini piggyback adapters however you should be able to trim away some of the plastic on the adapter with a Stanley knife or cutters and it'll fit right in. 

Yes I tried modifying by cutting away plastic but then the fuse next to it got in the way so I still could not get it inserted correctly.

Ah, okay. I was probably lucky with mine in that I was piggybacking a fuse along the edge and so could face the adapter outwards. Could you do similar (choosing a different fuse, even an empty socket that still receives power at the right time)?  

Decided to try another option , removed usb facia ( interference fit ) identified live feed on rear of cig lighter through hole ( Yellow and  blue ) still could not access wiring, removed passenger side trim on  centre consol ( one plastic rivet at front then interference clips at rear part ) now identified wire in loom ( yellow/blue ) on the side going back to dash area connected a new wire ( used what I call a scotch block splicer ) going back to fuse area with a new 2amp inline fuse holder.

still would like to know how to get the gear lever cover off did try a bit of leverage on chrom sides but no luck didn't want to damage area early post say just to pull upwards by hand?? Any advise.

thanks able

Edited by able
Info

Hi back again update . I eventually managed to remove gear stick cover ( it does just pull out from top very tight )

i used a credit card to make gap between chrome surround and bottom bit on passenger side I then inserted a thin 1in metal paint scraper blade between credit card and cover pushed inwards to release friction clips and generally worked my way around, at last I have got it off. I can now see the wiring on back of cig lighter  and if I needed could now get to the wiring.

hope the pic also help

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club