Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Turbo issues 2.0 TDCi 2008/9

ally67

Hi all, I have had the current c max cor over 3 years now and other than the damn annoying squeaking dashboard, I have enjoyed it greatly, just wish there was a cruise control but you can't have everything.

To cut to the chase, TURBO NOISE! Over the past year the turbo whine has become increasingly noisy, but now it has got to a horrendous screaming noise. I presume it is the turbo fan, but, I have read elsewhere it could be a number of things.

Having replaced the clutch and dual fly wheel only last year I could seriously do without another expensive repair. How simple is it to refit a turbo?

If you're replacing it with the same one you have now it should be the reverse of the removal, removed my dads from his 1.8 tdci years ago when I had very little knowledge and it was a pretty simple process. All I can say is take your time and stay organised and work tidy (I dropped a screw and had to remove the belly plate to get it back)

40 minutes ago, Ryan_Tango said:

If you're replacing it with the same one you have now it should be the reverse of the removal, removed my dads from his 1.8 tdci years ago when I had very little knowledge and it was a pretty simple process. All I can say is take your time and stay organised and work tidy (I dropped a screw and had to remove the belly plate to get it back)

Hi mate, yeah will get the same one, cheapest and easiest!!  Not started to look yet but don't think the turbo is on the top like the 1.6L version. I think it must be elsewhere. Hoping to get a few hours tomorrow and then look to order up a reconditioned one. I noted 2 years ago a lot of black smoke coming out the back but the garage said nothing to worry about, its a normal diesel, I always had my doubts.

EDIT - should have said there is no loss of power but when you floor it the noise is immense!

thought might have got more feedback, shame.