Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LED DRL/FOG LIGHT KIT

b4zz

Hi all as title just looking on auto beams web site and came across the led/fog lights kit and just want to know if anybody has fitted them and if so how hard where they to do my self it says it comes with a splice connector so assuming that I would need to cut the original fog wires then use the splice connector to the cars wires crimp it up and away to go?

here is the link for them https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/focus-mk2-5-2007-2010/products/led-drl-fog-light-kit

It all sounds straight forward but I haven't any electrical skills. but I have managed to splice a focus st rear spoiler brake light

Hi all as title just looking on auto beams web site and came across the led/fog lights kit and just want to know if anybody has fitted them and if so how hard where they to do my self it says it comes with a splice connector so assuming that I would need to cut the original fog wires then use the splice connector to the cars wires crimp it up and away to go?
here is the link for them https://autobeam.co.uk/collections/focus-mk2-5-2007-2010/products/led-drl-fog-light-kit
It all sounds straight forward but I haven't any electrical skills. but I have managed to splice a focus st rear spoiler brake light

How about the kit i have was easy plug & play job.
Yunii
1d2cda090dec54bc66cdd23f5f5fd741.jpg32e99b6ffbfb53cc3d51045f3ef8ce69.jpgb50f56d591ba6d906bbc6650711ea970.jpgfa69a728d00b3b821a2d8e97170584ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, yunii said:

Yunii

Do you have a link for that kit please Yunii?

Do you have a link for that kit please Yunii?

I'll try & find it as i bought it 3-4 yrs ago & still work 100%
Yunii

• Like 1

I'll try & find it as i bought it 3-4 yrs ago & still work 100%
Yunii

Thanks

12 hours ago, yunii said:

Yunii
1d2cda090dec54bc66cdd23f5f5fd741.jpg32e99b6ffbfb53cc3d51045f3ef8ce69.jpgb50f56d591ba6d906bbc6650711ea970.jpgfa69a728d00b3b821a2d8e97170584ee.jpg

that kit looks good mate but wanted too keep my gloss black plastic if I could. it sounds right up my street as I can defo do plug and play simples

I'd be interested as to whether the kit is wired up properly but it looks good as it's all within the original fog lights. The fog light function is simple enough as it presumably wires directly into the original connections, but the DRLs really need their own power supply- either direct to the battery if they have a voltage-sensing function to switch them on when the engine is running, or switched from the ignition. They should also have a connection to the side lights so they will switch off when you turn on any other lights.

I'd be interested as to whether the kit is wired up properly but it looks good as it's all within the original fog lights. The fog light function is simple enough as it presumably wires directly into the original connections, but the DRLs really need their own power supply- either direct to the battery if they have a voltage-sensing function to switch them on when the engine is running, or switched from the ignition. They should also have a connection to the side lights so they will switch off when you turn on any other lights.

The kit wired very professionally.
Yunii

5db8deec2d49da877e1f95b1f0226070.jpg

Google focus mk2 drls this is similar to mine but cheaper.

Yunii

If you look on the tutorial page you will see one by Pree on the very subject that's where I got mine from it wired via a piggyback fuse into the air con fuse and you tap in to the side light to either dim or turn off the drl at night. 

IMG_0500.JPG

• Like 1

If you look on the tutorial page you will see one by Pree on the very subject that's where I got mine from it wired via a piggyback fuse into the air con fuse and you tap in to the side light to either dim or turn off the drl at night. 
IMG_0500.thumb.JPG.3eb5a55eb8da8ededf75f7f2633f9564.JPG

Thats the ones i got as he guided me when i fitted mine.
Yunii

• Like 1

I think they came from a company called thespeedlinedirect.com if my memory is correct 

IMG_0500.thumb.JPG.3eb5a55eb8da8ededf75f7f2633f9564.JPG

I also fitted on/off switch even though it dimmed when sidelights are on.
Yuniid589465fc35bacccc22f237386e6caa7.jpg

• Like 1

I may even have the wiring diagram somewhere if Barry is interested 

Darren 

thanks for all the help guys its much appreciated but think I will go with out D.R.L now as it seems a little bit of electrical knowledge is needed and I have not got any. thanks again for all the usefull help and pics

As an alternative and for other models  like the Mk2 try

https://www.bespokedonline.com/

A different way of doing it but worth a look for £35 they do  lots of other things as well.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club