Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Retro fit spoiler advice

PastyLover

I'm hopefully picking up a nice Frozen White 2016 from my local Evans Halshaw this week but really fancy having it with a spoiler as it doesn't currently have one. Any advice on the best way to do this, either by trying to get it included or getting it done elsewhere after? I'm yet to put any more than a small deposit down to get the vehicle brought to my local dealership

Thanks

Is it the Evans Halshaw in Bedford?

Make sure you knock them down on price. The car i bought was up for 10k and ended up paying 7.5k so well worth a haggle!

Numerous spoilers available. There are some aftermarket ones that people have bought but they usually come primed and need spraying.

Hi James, yes it is. It's on at £15900. What tactic did you go down for haggling? I may try and get them to chuck the spoiler in for free

Have a good look on AutoTrader and Dealerships for similar cars and see what prices/features there are.

Have a price in your head that you'd be happy with and stick to it or as close to it as you can.

Get extras, Evans Halshaw only do a 3 month warranty and will get you to try and buy the extended one. Don't fall for that as Ford Warranty covers 3 years for most parts.

Floor mats, mud flaps, spoiler ;) and maybe even different alloys etc are good extras to have thrown in also if you can for a bit of haggling and that important sale for them!

At the end of the day if you're happy with the car/price go for it.

I dealt with Nick (South African) and he seemed a straight laced type of bloke.

Cheers for the tips-I did the price research before deciding on this one as it's great (1 year old, ex demo, Titanium X-pack, 17,000 miles with most bells and whistles for £15,900). They even gave me double what I was expecting for my current car. It arrived this afternoon and I took it for a ride and it's such a lovely car to drive. There's a small chip on the bumper (tiny-about a quarter of the size of a small finger nail) but he said the price of the car was set and there was no movement-it's not a deal breaker by any stretch! I'll go for car mats though and I'm hoping they'll retro fit that spoiler I fancy. The guy I'm dealing with is a nice guy and very polite-Nathan is his name. I love the alloys on it so won't worry about that but if I can get the spoiler then I'd be a very happy chappy indeed

• Like 1

Prices are NEVER set it's just what they say! :D

13 hours ago, JamesMalin said:

Prices are NEVER set it's just what they say! :D

Try walking away allways brings the price down, they can't afford to lose a sale. You have the fact that there are plenty of cars out there that meet your requirements they don't have the customers 

• Like 2

Thanks guys-I was happy with the deal I got but no spoiler this time. They quoted £350 for it but I'm sure I could get it for less elsewhere. Any ideas locally?

If you want a genuine Ford part then that'll be the price. I'd like it sprayed in my car's colour too for £350.

Other than checking eBay for items popping up and focus forums thats your best bet for a cheaper price.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club