Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Router plug booster.

jace1969

I put a topic on here a few months ago and it solved it 100% which was for a router extender.

I have just 1 bedroom that i cant get wifi and need to as for ipad and phone as no option for cable.

I have 3x Ethernet cables in this room going through my hub and only use 2 so spare holes free for more.

I don't want a repeater where you have one plug by router and other in the room as it still don't get the signal as been tried.

I need to plug it into power socket and then plug ethernet cable into it to pick signal/i.p address etc then throw out a wifi signal,as i said i have cable and plugs in this room.

I also if i can get duel band as i have a AC router but not a major thing if i cant get one as will only be used for phone/ipad in this room not laptop.

Cheers

By the way is there any out there that work in this way as i aint got a clue on these,all i know i tried the repeater i think but never worked right.

23 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I need to plug it into power socket and then plug ethernet cable into it to pick signal/i.p address etc then throw out a wifi signal,as i said i have cable and plugs in this room.

Just a thought and a fact be care full  and this goes to everyone you may consider this .Please respect for your local  Radio Ham if you have one .Those plug in the wall  units that uses house wiring play havoc with local short wave radio reception in the plugs local area and it goes a long way many hundreds of meters( although on saying that they are much better nowadays) .This happens with the cheep ones and believe it or not with some BT ones. The local Armature may come knocking on your door as he can trace the source of interference, if not he may inform Ofcom who will investigate. Although the Ham will need your good will to do something about it and will probably go half's ( he is not obliged to do this) with a solution  that does not interfere. Other thing that causes problems on now and then is those black oblong  separate power supplies that laptops use some wipe out shortwave .You have to remember that Radio Ham equipment can cost many thousands of pounds and the ham has probably sat 3 exams to be able to operate. It could all be spoilt and rendering thousands of pound worth of  radio equipment useless by a two bob plug in the wall modem. Of course if you don't have a local Ham it won't matter at all .Unfortunately for the Ham these units are not illegal but can cause may problems. I know this first hand as I had to sort this once my self deal with Ofcom the lot.

1 hour ago, Gizza11 said:

Just a thought and a fact be care full  and this goes to everyone you may consider this .Please respect for your local  Radio Ham if you have one .Those plug in the wall  units that uses house wiring play havoc with local short wave radio reception in the plugs local area and it goes a long way many hundreds of meters( although on saying that they are much better nowadays) .This happens with the cheep ones and believe it or not with some BT ones. The local Armature may come knocking on your door as he can trace the source of interference, if not he may inform Ofcom who will investigate. Although the Ham will need your good will to do something about it and will probably go half's ( he is not obliged to do this) with a solution  that does not interfere. Other thing that causes problems on now and then is those black oblong  separate power supplies that laptops use some wipe out shortwave .You have to remember that Radio Ham equipment can cost many thousands of pounds and the ham has probably sat 3 exams to be able to operate. It could all be spoilt and rendering thousands of pound worth of  radio equipment useless by a two bob plug in the wall modem. Of course if you don't have a local Ham it won't matter at all .Unfortunately for the Ham these units are not illegal but can cause may problems. I know this first hand as I had to sort this once my self deal with Ofcom the lot.

Don't know any at all in my area but going to look into something like this just for the 1 room.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NETGEAR-PL1200-100UKS-1200-Mbps-Powerline-Ethernet-Adapter-Homeplug-Twin-Pack/232311614589?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I use a homeplug system to run a network based cctv system.
The older 100mbps types are incompatible with higher speed units so recommended 200mbps or higher for compatability.
I currently use 400mbps models but may implement 500mbps at some point.
Best ones are types with twin i/o ports and a passthrough power socket so they don't soak up available plug space.
The homeplug kits aren't especially cheap but do save having multiple runs of cable everywhere.
The only devices I run using proper cat6 infrastructure cabling are PC and primary SkyQ box.
Some homeplug kits also have wifi broadcast included which is handy for extending connectivity range.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 20/06/2017 at 11:22 AM, Stoney871 said:

I use a homeplug system to run a network based cctv system.
The older 100mbps types are incompatible with higher speed units so recommended 200mbps or higher for compatability.
I currently use 400mbps models but may implement 500mbps at some point.
Best ones are types with twin i/o ports and a passthrough power socket so they don't soak up available plug space.
The homeplug kits aren't especially cheap but do save having multiple runs of cable everywhere.
The only devices I run using proper cat6 infrastructure cabling are PC and primary SkyQ box.
Some homeplug kits also have wifi broadcast included which is handy for extending connectivity range.

Cheers for the advice,i only looked at the one i put the link on here as its seems to have a lot of 4 or 5 star reviews but yes a pain no passthrough.

I'm willing to pay if i know it will work good,trying my mates TP-LINK AV500 powerline kit with passthrough on 1 plug because i could not get to work

right last time,is there any makes to stop clear of as Netgear ones don't seem to bad and carn't comment on this TP-LINK as yet.

TP-Link are pretty good.
Netgear are a good brand.

16 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

TP-Link are pretty good.
Netgear are a good brand.

Thanks stoney top man,will try a few, try mates and then the Netgear one i think.

• Like 1

Ok all set up on this TP-LINK and on 2G and get around 50 to 65 on the speed which is good in this room and have full signal bars but

its slow on my ipad and iPhone,worse on ipad and never drops the signal just says no connection but still the same speed.

Weird.