Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air con leak

fladavid

Just been to have my air con topped up at Halfords and the guy said that I have a leak in the system. 

Not knowing anything about air con has anyone got any ideas where the leak might be and roughly how much to fix this problem? Is there a common fault on these cars where i should look first? 

The best thing with air can is to leave this with the experts get a quote then decide what to do TBH it could be anything from a very small hole to a seal and could be anyware. One thing to look out for is a greenish/yellow stain any where on the system this may indicate where the leak is.

They put a UV dye in when they regass it, then a week later they can see where its leaking with a UV torch

I had leak in air con focus if it's mk2 fords put a pipe just behind the front grill from compressor to condenser The pipe bends quite a bit and they leak not cheap bout 150 quid I think from fords plus fitting and re gas or get pattern part

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club