Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus mk2 first mods

Jack mk2

Hey, I've just bought a 2006 Ford Focus 1.6 zetec and was just wondering what to do to it to make it abit faster and sound nicer not looking to spend ridiculous amounts at the minute any suggestions? 

• Like 1

Also can I get an aux without installing a new stereo as it has the button for an aux but there's no slot 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jack mk2 said:

Also can I get an aux without installing a new stereo as it has the button for an aux but there's no slot 

What does the radio look like because I have a fiesta zetec s and it also had a aux button on the radio and I had to buy a plug to plug into the back of the radio and then run the aux cord so I could access it easy to plug phone in if it the same radio I'll link what I ordered

• Like 1

Hey pal, so your looking for some cheap mods but not too expensive yeh.

well to start with go for nice induction kit for nice roar on throttle plus they sound awesome.....

next would be a backbox, give it a nice deeper tone plus bit styling on the outside.

if you can offord it then go for full stainless steel right through.

after this your money goes up for mods.

performance =Remap ecu

but before you do the remapping I would do not body styling and upgrade your brakes before adding lots more bhp.

uprated suspension for handling also there's so much to list

• Like 1

The 1.6 Petrol can't really be modified in terms of performance unless changing the cam shafts and remap which together will add an honest 20bhp for a cost of around 1800 pounds including Labour. 

Turbo vehicles are much easier to manipulate for more power,

I've created some guides here you may like but overall mate save your money and research forums before purchasing the next car to ensure the model you choose has potential 

thanks ill have a look at some induction kits and everything else tonight thanks for your help, does anybody know what to do about my stereo situation or would it be easier to get a new one 

• Like 1

Induction filter. Should slot right in. Did that to mine, and it does give it a nice roar as others have said. Does it add any more bhp? Don't know, I fitted mine into the original airbox with the OEM cold air feed still able to provide colder air to it. A decent amount of bhp can be recovered with all new brake discs / drums / bearings etc... as they age, they can deform and wear and cause the vehicle to under perform.  I don't think a huge amount of bhp will be recovered, but it will have lost a few since leaving the production line. So it's always nice to recover them if possible.

I have the 2008 facelift 1.6 zetec, and most of my mods will be oriented around improving the styling of it. Did the front grilles recently and fitted some blue foot-well led lighting. Currently working out where I'm going to put the new oil catch can.

2 hours ago, Jack mk2 said:

thanks ill have a look at some induction kits and everything else tonight thanks for your help, does anybody know what to do about my stereo situation or would it be easier to get a new one 

Check inside the glovebox for an AUX input socket; if fitted it will be close to the latch at the top of the glovebox housing.

• Like 2

Lenny I noticed mine had one in glovebox after installing one to back my head unit 😹😹😹😹

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Damien said:

Lenny I noticed mine had one in glovebox after installing one to back my head unit 😹😹😹😹

I had my car 3 years before I found it!!! :biggrin::biggrin:  My Fiance found it for me too lol.....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers I've had a look there but it's not there I think I'll just get a new stereo