Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Traffic sign recognition

kelvin1950

My edge has been in the dealer's for the last 2 days. Initially to get the airbag recall done and then to fix some (common) niggles.

My rear disks are badly scored, for a car that has 7k on the clock. Dealer says no!

Auto relock doesn't work. Dealer says no auto relock!

Carpet on the driver's side is badly fitted. Dealer says it's OK!

Finally, the traffic sign recognition doesn't seem to work as it shows on the link below. Dealer says it's working OK. However, I have two round windows on the display, the bottom one shows the speed signs but the top one is always blank. Dealer says this is correct! I think that if I'd taken it in with a wheel missing the dealer would have said that was normal!

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O27786&languageCode=en&marketCode=US&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1676160&subTitleSelected=G1676167&topicHRef=G1562345&div=f&vCode=2FMTK5K37GBB97975&vFilteringEnabled=True

20170622_173645.jpg

Mine has only ever shown a speed  limit like yours, but to my knowledge I have never been past a no overtaking sign or other sign that may be recognised along with a speed. Whether mine is fault or not is another thing. 

Mine has shown the no overtaking sign in the upper circle...

Dave

• Like 1

As has mine, once. It was the only time I am aware of actually passing a no overtaking sign.

18 hours ago, xn85 said:

Mine has shown the no overtaking sign in the upper circle...

Dave

Excellent, that's what I wanted to hear. The arrogant, patronising mechanic at the dealers told me that the top one was only there for show. He bases this on the fact that their demonstrator shows nothing in that window.

Shortly I may tell them that I've worked in the motor trade but I'm having too much fun at the moment!

Learn something new everyday. So What signs would you expect to see in the top circle?? Mine mostly stays blank. Prob because i haven't passed any road sign that uses it

Never seen anything in the top circle

The blank one is indeed an overtaking sign which i have seen lit up twice on my mondeo

Perhaps the biggest problem is that the handbook doesn't make a lot of sense:

The system detects recognizable traffic signs, for example:

• Speed limit signs.
  • No overtaking signs.
  • Speed limit cancellation signs.
  • No overtaking cancellation signs.
Using Traffic Sign Recognition
Setting the System Speed Warning
The system has a number of speed warning levels that you can set using the information display. See  General Information
System Display

Missing Image

The system can display two traffic signs in parallel.
You can view the status at any time using the information display.

The system displays recognizable traffic signs in four stages as follows:

• All new traffic signs appear brighter than the others in the display.
  • After a predetermined time they display normally.
  • After a predetermined distance they are greyed out.
  • After another predetermined distance they are deleted.
If the system detects a supplementary traffic sign, it displays below the respective traffic sign. For example, when passing a reduced speed limit in wet road conditions sign.
If your vehicle has a navigation system, stored traffic sign data may influence the indicated speed limit value.
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 22/06/2017 at 6:18 PM, kelvin1950 said:

My edge has been in the dealer's for the last 2 days. Initially to get the airbag recall done and then to fix some (common) niggles.

My rear disks are badly scored, for a car that has 7k on the clock. Dealer says no!

Auto relock doesn't work. Dealer says no auto relock!

Carpet on the driver's side is badly fitted. Dealer says it's OK!

Finally, the traffic sign recognition doesn't seem to work as it shows on the link below. Dealer says it's working OK. However, I have two round windows on the display, the bottom one shows the speed signs but the top one is always blank. Dealer says this is correct! I think that if I'd taken it in with a wheel missing the dealer would have said that was normal!

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?bookCode=O27786&languageCode=en&marketCode=US&viewTech=IE&chapterTitleSelected=G1676160&subTitleSelected=G1676167&topicHRef=G1562345&div=f&vCode=2FMTK5K37GBB97975&vFilteringEnabled=True

20170622_173645.jpg

Hi

Im new here, just bought a 2017 Ford Galaxy, I have traffic sign recogniton but I can not get mine to display the car image with the beam in front, I have looked thru the manual and gone through all the setting on the dash can you help please.

many thanks

11 hours ago, pandles said:

Hi

Im new here, just bought a 2017 Ford Galaxy, I have traffic sign recogniton but I can not get mine to display the car image with the beam in front, I have looked thru the manual and gone through all the setting on the dash can you help please.

many thanks

If your car has it installed you can find the setting to switch it on/off on the left hand info screen (left hand keypad) under Driver Assist/Pre Collision Assistant/Distance indication 

Before:

20180206_101406_resized.thumb.jpg.5f33b5cd67a936f7daa3d490b851ab08.jpg

After:

20180206_101401_resized.thumb.jpg.66cdae925e277c1d9bac72067c100fa3.jpg

Hope that helps.

Jim

Or just press the button on the end of the left hand stalk 

2 hours ago, NeilRS said:

Or just press the button on the end of the left hand stalk 

Does that not toggle the lane departure warning on/off ?  It does on my car. 

2 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

And in mine.

17 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

And in mine.