Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Washers - Help

peds

All,

Wonder if anyone can help

My front washers have seem to lost their power, in so much they are now firing very weakly about an inch above the bottom of the windscreen. Just enough and no more for the wiper swipe to pick up the clean water and spread over the rest of the screen. Before anybody asks - yes there is sufficient water in the reservoir and the jets are not frozen. Don't know if it's worthy of note - but the rear washer is working fine. They did come back to rude health a few weeks ago but have reverted back to a weak dribble.

Wonder if anyone has had similar experiences with the mk7 and if so - was it a DIY fix or a trip to the Ford Garage. Also if anyone has any ideas of what to check please let me know

Thanks in advance for your responses

Cheers

Could be partially blocked by frozen sections - my advice would be to add a full bottle of concentrated screenwash to your reservoir and wait for that to settle a couple of mins then try squirting it through - in these freezing temps i think a mix of 1:1 screenwash:water is needed to ensure it won't ice up!

:)

Its where the jets are frozen up. Mine don't work at all :blink: It's not always the screen wash which is blocked up, it will be at the point where it comes out from the bonnet

Thanks for your suggestions, but should have stated on my original posting the problem started weeks ago went we were basking (compared to now) in temps of +5 > +10 degrees

Cheers

Seem to remember someone else having a similar problem, the pipework was crimped when bonnet was closed 'cos pipework was too long or something along them lines.

Thanks KeithC for your help - just the job

The washer pipe takes a rather tortious route from emerging from under the bonnet lining towards the back of the car, round "aft" of the hinge then back forwards through the side of the engine bay and front wing panel to the reservoir bottle.

Somehow must have been restricted or nipped in some way, shuggling it a bit and smoothing it out did the business - much appreciated

Pedro

:rolleyes:

All,

Wonder if anyone can help

My front washers have seem to lost their power, in so much they are now firing very weakly about an inch above the bottom of the windscreen. Just enough and no more for the wiper swipe to pick up the clean water and spread over the rest of the screen. Before anybody asks - yes there is sufficient water in the reservoir and the jets are not frozen. Don't know if it's worthy of note - but the rear washer is working fine. They did come back to rude health a few weeks ago but have reverted back to a weak dribble.

Wonder if anyone has had similar experiences with the mk7 and if so - was it a DIY fix or a trip to the Ford Garage. Also if anyone has any ideas of what to check please let me know

Thanks in advance for your responses

Cheers

My washers have had no power since xmas eve, checked the reservoir and theres plenty water, doesnt even make a noise anymore as if its even trying to scoosh water out so dont know whats up with it. :(

My washers have had no power since xmas eve, checked the reservoir and theres plenty water, doesnt even make a noise anymore as if its even trying to scoosh water out so dont know whats up with it. :(

The pump/motor has gone. If you've got a mk7 then it's a warranty issue :) Think Flic had a similar problem.

The jets may get blocked by the calc in the water - just as irons do. So you can insert the tip of an ordinary pin inside the jets to clear and adjust manually the height of water on windscreen.

Had the car into Ford today to get it checked out and the outcome of the windscreen washer problem is that it was a blown fuse, they have been inundated with over 40 09 plate fiestas in the past week with the same problem.

Had the car into Ford today to get it checked out and the outcome of the windscreen washer problem is that it was a blown fuse, they have been inundated with over 40 09 plate fiestas in the past week with the same problem.

As time goes by I'm beginning to think I have a fluke fiesta with no problems or issues what so ever. Either that or something major is seconds away from failing...... :blink:

As time goes by I'm beginning to think I have a fluke fiesta with no problems or issues what so ever. Either that or something major is seconds away from failing...... :blink:

Touch wood.... but thats the only problem that i have had, other than that the fiesta is a dream to drive. Will need to get the tracking sorted asap as Edinburgh is horrendous for pot holes with the tram works and ive managed to hit quite a few so far!

• 11 years later...

I've got a 60 reg diesel ford fiesta and the rear washer jet has stopped working for the past week or two. The front washer jets are fine and I can hear the motor working when I operate the rear washer, but nothing comes out of the jets.

I've used a pin in the nozzle to free up anything and I'm using neat concentrated screen wash. The washer bottle is full. 

Any ideas how to fix this problem?  The temperature has been zero - minus three degrees most days. The screen wash i'm using is Prestone concentrated which guarantees down to minus 18.  

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club