Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford part numbers

Postie123

Hi all I'm hoping someone can help me? I'm slowly getting my head round all of this sat nav retrofit for a focus mk3. Does anyone know the part number and price for the following?

sony facia with nav button

the stereo surround facia with the map sd card slot

fakra cable

2017 map sd card

amd is there a loom or does anyone have a picture of the extra two wires I need?

cheers in advance.

First you have to know the part numbers of the existing ACM (Audio Control Module) and FCDIM (Display). Based on these numbers I can find the correct part numbers that are 100% compatible with your car.

The Sony sat nav facia alone will cost over €300,-. When buying all needed parts from Ford it will cost over €1200,- to retrofit the original sat nav system.

Personally I would just search for a complete (SYNC 1.0/1.1 based) Sony sat nav system. For example from a local scrap yard or eBay. Preferably from a car that has approximately the same age as your car. 

Can you not do ot just using the reg? Thing is I've not got the car yet and ford don't dish out part numbers for some reason? I just want to make 100% this can be done to 2014 pre face st3. And my other sticking point is this focccus cause I'm rubbish on computers.

The original Ford MFD sat nav system can be retrofitted without any problems. I did this to my focus MK3 and also guided many other people to do the same.

On a SYNC 1.0/1.1 based Focus MK3 it is even possible to retrofit the USA My Ford Touch or European SYNC 2 system without much modifications.

The problem with part numbers is that there are at least 20+ different part numbers for the 5 inch sat nav FCDIM alone. Some are interchangeable and some other are not interchangeable. 

• Like 1

So of I get this car it's definitely possible to add sat nav. And once I'm able to get the part numbers from the car you can let me know what nav part numbers to get

• Like 1

Got sat nav on mine thanks to wilko' s advise

• Like 1

That's good to hear mate cheers. If it's not sold tomorrow I'm gonna buy it and then fit the sat nav.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What would be the process of retrofitting sync 2 to a late 2014 pre face lift?

You said you want to by a Focus 3 ST?

If I know correctly on pre-facelift for ST you can have Sync2. Am I right?

Which one is in the car you want?

To retrofit SYNC 2 to a Focus MK3 (pre-facelift) you need the complete SYNC 2.0 system. You need at least the following parts:

* ACM (audio unit).

* FCDIM (8 Inch SYNC 2 touchscreen).

* APIM (SYNC 2 module).

* ICP (Control panel).

* GPSM (GPS module used for Emergency Assistance and SYNC 2).

* Fascia.

* Media hub for the SYNC 2 system.

Next to the parts mentioned above you also need to change the complete dashboard wiring harness or you have to use an adapter harness from the SYNC 1.0/1.1 wiring harness to the SYNC 2 system. This adapter harness does not exist so you have to make it yourself. The SYNC 1.0/1.1 APIM connector can be obtained by sacrificing an old SYNC 1.0 module (which do not have much value these days). The SYNC 2 wiring can be taken from a SYNC 2 based scrap car.

Yeah got a mk3 pre face lift but I'm wanting to retrofit sat nav but was thinking that if I have to get the Sony parts  I wonder if the sync 2 was possible. I came across this on eBay 272717347370. 

I have a mk3 st late 2014.  Standard Sony CD player sync 1.  I want to put sat nav in.  I have bought the unit and have wiring looms and sd card reader.  How difficult is this? See pic to see what I have what else do I need ? 

IMG_1950.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

IMG_1953.PNG

On 04/07/2017 at 4:45 PM, JW1982 said:

To retrofit SYNC 2 to a Focus MK3 (pre-facelift) you need the complete SYNC 2.0 system. You need at least the following parts:

* ACM (audio unit).

* FCDIM (8 Inch SYNC 2 touchscreen).

* APIM (SYNC 2 module).

* ICP (Control panel).

* GPSM (GPS module used for Emergency Assistance and SYNC 2).

* Fascia.

* Media hub for the SYNC 2 system.

Next to the parts mentioned above you also need to change the complete dashboard wiring harness or you have to use an adapter harness from the SYNC 1.0/1.1 wiring harness to the SYNC 2 system. This adapter harness does not exist so you have to make it yourself. The SYNC 1.0/1.1 APIM connector can be obtained by sacrificing an old SYNC 1.0 module (which do not have much value these days). The SYNC 2 wiring can be taken from a SYNC 2 based scrap car.

Can you look at my post and tell me what else I need then.  I have sync 1 in my car and bought the sync 2 sat nav system with both wiring looms.  How easy is it to fit? 

To be able to connect the SYNC 2 system you have to build yourself an adapter wiring harness. This adapter harness connects between the original SYNC 1.0/1.1 connector and the SYNC 2 APIM module.

The adapter wiring harness connects the original SYNC 1.0/1.1 connector to the SYNC 2 APIM module, the GPSM module, the audio control module (ACM) and the SYNC 2 media hub. This is not an existing wiring harness so you have to build it yourself. 

Most connectors and connector pins can be bought from the original connector manufacturers (Ford does not sell these connectors). The female SYNC 1.0/1.1 connector however is not available (only if you buy more than 1000 pieces). The easiest way to obtain the female SYNC 1.0/1.1 connector is to sacrifice a SYNC 1.0/1.1 module and desolder the female connector from the circuit board.

When building the adapter wiring harness you need the wiring diagrams/pinouts of both the SYNC 1.0/1.1 system and the SYNC 2 system. The correct wiring diagrams can be obtained from the Ford Etis website. However this is a paid function of Etis which can be used after registration (as an independent repair facility) and creditcard payment. Access can be bought for 1 Hour, 1 Day or 1 Month. 

That's above my capabilities so even if you had the complete wiring looms you'd still have to do this? 

The adapter wiring harness is by far the easiest and cheapest solution to retrofit the SYNC 2 system into a SYNC 1.0/1.1 based Focus MK3/MK3.5.

Another option is to change the complete dashboard wiring harness. To do this the complete dashboard and most of the interior needs to be removed from the car. The correct wiring harness will cost over €1000,- from Ford. A suitible used wiring harness from a scrap car is usually very hard to find. these are usually not cheap also.

Another point of concern is that the car/system needs to be reprogrammed. It will be very difficult to find someone who can do this. Most Ford dealers for example do simply not have the knowledge or experience to do this. The SYNC 2 system was never available in the Focus MK3 so all settings need to be programmed manually. This requires quite some knowledge and programming skills.  

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have first hand experience in retrofitting Sync 2 to a 2013 Ford Kuga that came with the 4" display I came  across very little help and had to do it all my self and I am happy to let you know how to do it.

It's a lot easier than you think. or at least it should be on the focus.

I you have a look at the posts from about a year ago on sync 2 in the kuga part of the forum you will bee what I did. I have a lot of info on this and can help out where i can.

Kindest Regards

Alan

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi did you manage to do the upgrade. Im.doing the same but am struggling a little 

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, sorry to come with my own question. I have purchased an aftermarket screen, the canbus steering wheel controls that came with the screen has a different connector to my 2015 Ford focus mk3.5 titanium connector which has a 54 pin. I believe its because I had an 8 inch sync 2, which is different to the 4 inch sync. I have looked all over for a canbus that will fit my car 54 pin but can't find none. Wondering if anyone can give me some insight.