Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Plastic piece above rear wheel

o_c99

Hi,

I'm new to the Ford Owners Club. Somebody scratched my car last week whilst parked at work. :angry: 

The plastic piece above the wheel (rear) is a little loose as a result. Any ideas what it's called and how to securely fix it in place? I've attached an image.

Thanks.

FFscrim98712401.jpg

It's part of the bracket that holds the bumper on, it's riveted to the car, it might be cracked or one of the fixings come loose, they are about £15 from ford

That looks nasty.   Hope you found out who did it.

The part number is 1798170 (engineering part C1BB-17A881-AB) and as you can it is a fair bit bigger than what first meets the eye:

s-l1000.jpg

Perhaps yours has broken at some point between the externally-visible section and one or more of the mount holes?

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the replies, especially from MJNewton with the part number.

The part number is 1798170 (engineering part C1BB-17A881-AB) and as you can it is a fair bit bigger than what first meets the eye

Any ideas how much it would cost to do it at a garage roughly?

The part is just under £14. Is it a quick job?

Fuming with the driver who did it!

Thanks.

Probably at least an hours labour, possibly even 2 as the charge 'by the hour or part of'. Try jacking the car up and removing the wheel, see if you can see why it's loose and if you can repair rather than replace.

If you are getting the panel repaired and sprayed then I'm pretty sure the body shop would switch it for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk