• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mike-evans

mike-evans

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Ford Model: focus
Posted 05 January 2010 - 07:26 PM

My dad needs to get a reconditioned cylinder head for his 02 focus, its a 1.4 16v zetec se type. I found a reconed head on ebay but had been sold when i rang, this was a head exchange sale. I spoke to a company that recon heads and the guy said there are so many variants in the 1.4 and 1.6 heads that they do not sel them, they recon your own head. Can anyone clarify what i need to know and look for to ensure i get the correct head, or recommend a company to recon our cylinder head? The one currently on our car has 12 bolts through the rocker cover (been told to check how many bolts are there)...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

My dad needs to get a reconditioned cylinder head for his 02 focus, its a 1.4 16v zetec se type. I found a reconed head on ebay but had been sold when i rang, this was a head exchange sale. I spoke to a company that recon heads and the guy said there are so many variants in the 1.4 and 1.6 heads that they do not sel them, they recon your own head. Can anyone clarify what i need to know and look for to ensure i get the correct head, or recommend a company to recon our cylinder head? The one currently on our car has 12 bolts through the rocker cover (been told to check how many bolts are there)...

you can buy full low mileage engines for 150 quid mate so i wouldnt bother with recon heads never have ebay has good engines for the focus from breakers yards etc as for the bolts i couldnt say they are basically all the same engines on the mk1 and mk1.5 so im not sure best bet get an engine replace the belts and tensioners oil and filter and pop it in

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users