Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Mirror Glass?

S666LER

Well just read the ford fiesta brochure and it says the standard zetec s ones are heated which i have???

Now i am confused

I think Johnny means if you have electrically operated wing mirrors (the glass not the whole unit folding) then you get heated wing mirrors.

EDIT - This is incorrect, the studio has electrically operated mirrors but not heated. My mistake.

sorry, yes. powerfold mirrors = heated mirrors. All mirrors are electrically adjustable

According to Ford's website (which i would like to trust more) it does state Fiesta Edge and above have the following as standard:

Door mirrors

Body colour housing, heated, electric operation, integrated side indicator

http://www.ford.co.uk/Cars/Fiesta/Featuresandspecifications

Well i can adjust my mirrors electrically but was wondering how i turn the heat on for them if you get me???Does it come on when i put the heated window on???

Basically i wanna have the folding mirrors thats all and wondered if they were heated

yes only the folding mirrors are heated i believe. they come on when the rear screen heater is on

The Edge, Zetec, Titanium, ZS and Econetic all have heated mirrors. The only one that doesn't appear to is the Studio but no one has ever bought one so it's not worth mentioning!

They do NOT have to be folding mirrors to be heated. This is a standard feature on the above models. They come on once the tempture falls below 4 (when the yellow snow flake comes on)

Well well well looks like we are all learning new things lol.

Never knew about mirrors heating up under 4 degrees, so thanks.

Ok well i will look in to the project soon

Well well well looks like we are all learning new things lol.

Never knew about mirrors heating up under 4 degrees, so thanks.

Ok well i will look in to the project soon

+1

To activate the heated mirrors, press the REAR heated windscreen ;)

RTFMFFS :P

:)

This post is genius I was wondering how on earth to heat the mirrors!

Thanks guys :)

This post is genius I was wondering how on earth to heat the mirrors!

Thanks guys :)

Like I said before RTFM (Read The F'ing Manual!!!!)

It's full of all sorts of useful information, mainly on how to use the features of your car lol

:rolleyes:

Like I said before RTFM (Read The F'ing Manual!!!!)

It's full of all sorts of useful information, mainly on how to use the features of your car lol

:rolleyes:

I can confirm that what FMC says in the above quote is indeed true

+1

To activate the heated mirrors, press the REAR heated windscreen ;)

RTFMFFS :P

:)

I read the manual! Woo! I knew this. Gold star for me :D

I can confirm that what FMC says in the above quote is indeed true

Its not very helpful when you trying to get the wing mirror covers off!!!!lol awful guide me thinks.

Yea to be honest i did only need the info as i see a couple of mirrors on eBay which said they had heated mirrors but nothin about being power folding, so thought that if the power folding mirrors are the only ones which are heated then they are the folding ones.

My '58 reg Fiesta Zetec Climate Mk 6.5 1.25, does not have powerfold, but DOES have electrically heated door mirrors which come on when the heated REAR screen is switched on, and time-out on their own. The heated glass units cost only ~ £15 each, fitted at Ford.

The only extra spec that I would have liked would be Climate control, rather than my A/C, and map-lights ( and bi-xenon headlamps in my dreams ), and Zetec S type front seats, as even my Son's basic '03 reg IBIZA has those.

I know of a UK firm that is developing a Projector insert for retro-fitting, so I hope it is the full size of the Mk 6.5 H4 chamber, to fully utilise and control the bi-xenon light output.