Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Reviews are in.

James

I'm not sure if that's the case.  Just asked my missus and adult daughter, and they both have smartphones and have zero interest in doing anything with them in a car, except listening to music.  There's a big gulf between ownership, and people wanting to ponce about with them while they're driving.

You probably need to increase your sample size... :wink:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ayrshiredude said:

But is this poor Ford customer service or poor dealer customer serice?

Both. The dealerships wear the Ford brand by way of having a franchise. Ford corporately should be policing the standards. My experiences of multiple Ford dealerships and corporate Ford have been nothing short of atrocious. Pirates - the lot of them.

I will await and see what they sell like,there are a nice few cars out there now in the fiesta size and are dam good cars.

I would never buy new as with any car new there are always problems if only small ones but i do like it.

The touch screen is a big downer for me as said on here by a few,like they just threw it there as i like the nice neat flush fitting ones.

4 hours ago, ayrshiredude said:

But is this poor Ford customer service or poor dealer customer serice?

Fair enough I get your point, its poor dealer service, I was a bit to harsh when I made that comment. 

The interior has had a nice spruce up around the steering wheel (instrument cluster now feels more open than before), centre console refreshed, although no doubt that car had every optional extra possible (those dam things should be banned, and there should be set trim options only). Not a fan of this new screen though. Hate how it sticks up, almost as if it was an afterthought, or an aftermarket tablet that somebody has mounted in (bit like the seat ibiza, which is the reason I didn't get one of them). I still think the outside looked better on the mk7.5. They just keep getting bigger and bigger. The mk7 on wards never did get a nice rear end, this one is the worst by far though.  The front looks sad now too. 

• Like 1

I noticed something interesting in the new Fiesta brochure - something that is either incorrect, or the Top Gear review has got it wrong...

Suspension:

Front - Independent with MacPherson struts and anti-roll bar

Rear - Independent Control Blade Multi-link system and anti-roll bar

Anyone have access to the new Fiesta (or a link to a website with more detail?) that can take some photos of the rear suspension set-up? If it really has changed to independent I thought they would be making more of a fuss about it.

Interesting to note that the wheel/tyre sizes have also moved up a size from the previous incarnation:

195/60/15

195/55/16 

etc

It's still rear torsion beam, brochure must be wrong. Probably copied from the focus, lol.

• Like 1

It looks lovely, but I think there's another good decade yet in my 11 year old Fusion, so I'll probably be ready to buy the mk9.5 when it arrives.

Looking into the st line for when I'm due a change after September. sat in a new titanium on Saturday, interior is nice but I agree with others I'm torn on the touch screen.
Also the new polo is released soon and personally quite like it
ImageUploadedByFord OC1499183682.832007.jpg

4 minutes ago, JoeZS19 said:

Looking into the st line for when I'm due a change after September. sat in a new titanium on Saturday, interior is nice but I agree with others I'm torn on the touch screen.
Also the new polo is released soon and personally I think it looks better than the fiesta

Looks like a depressed Neanderthal to me.

• Like 1

After all VW have done to take the pish out of society over the decades and you'd still buy their products?  

We had the Northern Ireland launch back at the start of June.  No idea if any actual stock for sale has yet arrived though.

I agree on the dashboard - the touchscreen looks like one of those kids tablets has been glued on as an afterthought (we MUST have a touchscreen).  Rear end looks like an MPV, and personally I feel the good looks at the front have been totally ruined.  

As things stand, my current will be my last Fiesta (and possibly Ford).  I just see no reason to "upgrade" to the new model personally, though it will be a couple of years until I change again having only got the current car (which I love) new a few months ago. Do the rear seats on the new model fold flat?  On one video review I saw it looked as though they didn't.

seat are same as old fiesta, dont fold flat, looked today

After all VW have done to take the pish out of society over the decades and you'd still buy their products?  

I'd just try not to take it to personal

I don't take it personally, that why I don't buy one.  From the murder of the children of forced labour in WWII, lying about their part in war time atrocities right up until the 1990s, waiting until most of the survivors were dead before admitting it to minimise their compensation bill, and then contributing to hundreds of thousands of annual deaths by dodging anti pollution regs...

But other than that they're nice guys!

Oh, I almost forgot. Suspected involvement in providing funds to ODESSA. 

You wouldn't want your Daughter to bring one of them home, so I can't understand why people still insist in giving money to them.

I was at my local dealer yesterday and had a look at the new fiesta. I think the exterior is ok and will grow on folks just like the mk 7.5 did. The dash is an improvement but the screen is a bit of a joke all they needed to do was mould it in and it would have been fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

I'd say the screen looks better as a tablet than how it looks on the mk7 in the US.

It's either that or they put it down by your knees like other manufacturers. I prefer the height of it there much safer as a sat nav. I never used to like the tablet on the dash look, but I don't think there is another way of doing it if you don't have either a bulky dash or it mounted down low.

sick of the sight of them now, got quite a few of them on site.

• Like 1

Just now, iantt said:

sick of the sight of them now, got quite a few of them on site.

But all the Zetec and Titanium's are supposed to be smiling at you, lol.

yeh right. got row after row after row all smiling at me then. lol

• Like 1

On 05/07/2017 at 7:08 PM, Jethro_Tull said:

I don't take it personally, that why I don't buy one.  From the murder of the children of forced labour in WWII, lying about their part in war time atrocities right up until the 1990s, waiting until most of the survivors were dead before admitting it to minimise their compensation bill, and then contributing to hundreds of thousands of annual deaths by dodging anti pollution regs...

But other than that they're nice guys!

We'll just ignore Ford Werke's, and in particular Henry Ford's involvement with the *****'s then?  Neihl was a slave labour camp (something Ford now admit having denied so up until the late 90's and which they did everything they could to deny people compensation for).  There are links to Auschwitz as well.  As for Ford himself, he was well known as an anti-Semite and published anti-semitic material numerous times (The publication 'The international Jew the worlds foremost problem' is cited as one of the works which inspired anti-semitism in Germany - it was a collection of articles by Henry Ford).  Adolf Hitler himself confessed to looking to Ford for inspiration, and even kept a portrait of Ford beside his desk!  Of course Ford did apologise for his views, though it later transpired that he didn't even write the apology (which came at a time when sales of Ford products were falling), and it has been alleged that he didn't even sign it and his signature was forged! If you are going to criticise Volkswagen (a company that was re-established by the British after the war and helped get Germany back on the move again) then surely Ford and GM as American companies who stayed under the same ownership after the war and knowingly and wilfully participated in helping the *****'s should be equally, if not more robustly, criticised.  

As for emissions, some say the only thing VW did differently from every other manufacturer at the time was get caught!  By their very nature modern cars manipulate engine parameters constantly depending on the conditions - VW were just blatant about it.  Under many scenarios most if not all internal combustion engines will fail to meet those limits.  Nobody seems to be complaining about the pollution caused just in the production process for Electric cars though, which is said to be much greater than the pollution caused throughout the entire lifetime of an internal combustion vehicle.  Its no secret that the bi-products of the process of manufacturing the neodymium magnets required for the motors (not to mention wind turbines) are not only toxic but often radioactive for example.  

On 04/07/2017 at 4:54 PM, JoeZS19 said:

Also the new polo is released soon and personally quite like it

Interested to try one of these myself.  It was between a Polo (or Fabia) and a Fiesta for me last time round.  I suspect the new Polo may win out over the new Fiesta next time, particularly if they price it right.  

• Like 1

Sat in a new one today and agree with alexp99. It might look like a tablet but it is ideally positioned. Doesn't obscure forward vision you don.t have to lean forward to operate and it will be an excellent sat nav. I might be biased but found out today my new one came off the assembly line on 30 June.

• Like 2

Just tried to spec a new one and couldn't select a leather interior! Does this new model not have the option for leather? I wouldn't buy a car without leather seats. Maybe off to pastures new for my next motor.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club