Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Reviews are in.

James

Vignale has full leather, don't know if any option on the titanium X.

I have full leather on my focus and can't wait to be rid of it.

• Like 1

Only the Vignale model will have leather seats.

TitaniumX doesn't as I tried for that when ordering mine.

Sounds like they are trying to force people on to the more expensive model by restricting the options :(.  I wasn't too impressed with the colour choices personally - certain colours only available on certain trim options (e.g. Blue wave or whatever the Candy Blue-like one is called).  Perhaps more options will be added as time goes on (both in terms of spec and colours).

Like the last version it seems the styling (inside and out) is a love or hate affair.  Good to hear the touchscreen is at least practical though!

The Titanium X has vanished from the Ford configurator! Just when I was beginning to think it was the one for me...

Edited by wealdman
typo

I think the Titanium X will launch with the Vignale next year.

Vignale has already launched.

It's only the ST and Active left to launch next year.

The Titanium X was there a few days ago on the Ford configurator and it let me "build" a Fiesta with a spare wheel even though the printed brochure says you can't have one presumably because the wheel well will be filled with Bang and Olufson electronics.

Actually I value a spare wheel more highly than an upmarket audio system which I would seldom use  because I try to concentrate 100% on driving.

So it's back to the configurator, looking at the plain Titanium.

4 hours ago, wealdman said:

The Titanium X was there a few days ago on the Ford configurator and it let me "build" a Fiesta with a spare wheel even though the printed brochure says you can't have one presumably because the wheel well will be filled with Bang and Olufson electronics.

Actually I value a spare wheel more highly than an upmarket audio system which I would seldom use  because I try to concentrate 100% on driving.

So it's back to the configurator, looking at the plain Titanium.

The B&O sub goes in the spare wheel well, which is good from a space saving point of view but not so good for those of us who like a spare wheel!  No doubt there is also a weight saving which helps the ever important emissions figure.  Its maybe worth just going to the dealer and doing the config with them if the online customer site keeps showing conflicting information.

You can configure a Titanium to virtually a Titanium X on the configurator and get your spare wheel as I have already done this.

Here's a look in more detail,

23 hours ago, tarbyonline said:

The B&O sub goes in the spare wheel well, which is good from a space saving point of view but not so good for those of us who like a spare wheel!  No doubt there is also a weight saving which helps the ever important emissions figure.  Its maybe worth just going to the dealer and doing the config with them if the online customer site keeps showing conflicting information.

While I understand that - why can't you have the spare with a Sunroof?

Just now, Tiexen said:

While I understand that - why can't you have the spare with a Sunroof?

Only thing I can think of is weight. Should be able to add it after.

This video looks at the ST Line. Must say I'm warming to the looks a little, especially from the side & 3/4 rear views. Do like the fact they've added rear discs & 6 speed box but can't stand that big tablet stuck on the dash. (but that's probably more to do with my age, lol)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kossofffan said:

This video looks at the ST Line. Must say I'm warming to the looks a little, especially from the side & 3/4 rear views. Do like the fact they've added rear discs & 6 speed box but can't stand that big tablet stuck on the dash. (but that's probably more to do with my age, lol)

I don't mind the dash too much. However I cannot get over the rear of the car, it looks....strange. It definitely doesn't look as good as the previous ST.

• Like 1

I agree, for me the square on view of the rear is such a 'generic' design. Could be a Kia, Hyundai or the such!

Rear looks very Ford to me, it's just the design from their estates and saloons, which I've always thought looked better than their hatches.

Focus Estate rear looks much better than the hatch imo.

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Rear looks very Ford to me, it's just the design from their estates and saloons, which I've always thought looked better than their hatches.

Focus Estate rear looks much better than the hatch imo.

Right but I don't want my hatchback to look like an estate. It isn't terrible but I don't feel it fits the style of the car.

My Initial Impressions of the ST-Line version based on photos/early anodyne 'too much warm Prosecco whilst tapping out the Road Test reports Hick!' are summed-up as follows:

Good:

Wholeheartedly approve of the Golf-style evolutionary approach. A really positive move in my book. At long last it's finally got a (reportedly) slick new six-speed 'box and discs at the rear too. Eureka! Thankfully Its outside dimensions are only slightly bolstered. Its interior is also designed to appear/is a tad more spacious. Always felt a bit too narrow in the front to us (never use the rear seats). Slightly larger boot; not needed but appreciated non the less. Red piping/inserts across dash look classy/sporty. Wheels look sporty/classy too...etc. etc 

Not so Good:

Bonnet doesn't look quite right. A bit too plain, large and podgy to me? Rear 3/4 view looks very good, straight on rear is kind of okay but reminds me of so many other tail-ends? eg Hyundai i20 and numerous other cross overs etc. Just too bland and conformative in a 'slave to fashion' way. Interior obviously improved but does not appear all that different to old (?) except for a dreadfully intrusive, tacked-on looking infotainment screen. Makes you want to push and click it back down into the dash!  At least the old centre dash whilst obviously dated at least looked integrated whilst you also quickly and easily got used to the buttons. Finally, a circa 10% hike in power/torque for the ST-Line's 140PS version would have been a nice touch to further distance it from the rest of the higher-end range but more importantly to elevate it to be more on a par with the equivalent DS3's/Polo Blue GT's etc of this world. (A future 'Ford Approved & Warranted' Mountune offering waiting in the wings perhaps?).

Viewing it in the metal and a road test now await. Cars so often turn out to be 'quite' different to what you expect before you get behind the wheel. Would I consider buying one at this moment in time? Perhaps... but....errrrr perhaps wait a year? Depends on 'the deal' a lot too. Lets just wait for a good run in one and see! 

Hoping the st line gets released soon, or at least to configure on the Ford website

8 hours ago, JoeZS19 said:

Hoping the st line gets released soon, or at least to configure on the Ford website

Configure it manually using the online brochure and price list on the Ford site, then get prices from Drivethedeal.

22 hours ago, JoeZS19 said:

Waiting for the ST to be added :whistling:

Configure it manually using the online brochure and price list on the Ford site, then get prices from Drivethedeal.

Was more to see what options etc could be added on, as I'll be getting it through the privilege scheme so not sure if drive the deal could be used along side that

The pricelist tells you what options can be added.

Went to have a look at one this afternoon.   Very nice.   I may have to get one.   I was a bit surprised at the new Ka.   It's nearly as big as the Fiesta.

• Like 1

I had to drive a new Kak  back from Leeds for a friend recently.  Wasn't a bad drive, and wasn't too cramped for my 6'5" 270lb frame. Not the nicest looking thing, but we don't buy hatches for their looks.