Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So someone pulled out of a roundabout...

HappyJam

5 hours ago, Damien said:

Nothing worse getting a hire car n it's slower n your own driving like the flinstones lol

I'd say there's nothing worse than crashing the hire car! I did that once too. Well, it was a courtesy car. Some daft cow reversed into me in a petrol station.

• Like 2

Know your pain about loan cars - when I was wiped out by a Spanish artic two years ago in my 2.5T Mondeo estate I had to endure a 1.4 Corsa - even the driver who delivered the car had sympathy for me as the car was gutless and my car was written off which made it worse.

When mine was in for repair n I had curtesy car, was out shopping in Tesco came back to a car in the back of the curtesy car!!!! Some daft woman parked in bay opp me on hill n left handbrake off n had to wait till she came back to her car.

dont know how she didn't notice once she got out car tbh like.

the hassle I had with curtesy helpline n questions I had to answer for reporting there car been hit was unreal 

Hire cars can be great fun, you get to rag the wotsits off it as it's not yours. :D

• Like 2

When mine was in for repair n I had curtesy car, was out shopping in Tesco came back to a car in the back of the curtesy car!!!! Some daft woman parked in bay opp me on hill n left handbrake off n had to wait till she came back to her car.
dont know how she didn't notice once she got out car tbh like.
the hassle I had with curtesy helpline n questions I had to answer for reporting there car been hit was unreal 

I've seen that happen plenty of times. I think sometimes the handbrake is applied but not fully, they only just hold the car. Then as the brake cools and shrinks a little it's enough for the handbrake to lose what little hold it had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Yup - had exactly that happen to me (someone's car rolled down a hill into mine and it was clear that the handbrake was 'on' and had at least held it initially...)

• Like 1

Good news is...they're going to replace the entire door, repair and repaint the trim and for some reason replace the ST-Line badge on the side (something they do as a courtesy apparently!). 

Also complained to the insurance about the fact I was given a mazda 2 for the hire car. Turns out that was actually a class under from what I should have been offered...so they're not giving me a focus to drive..happy days.

Still miss my car though :(

• Like 1

Good result! And don't accept anything less than perfection when it comes back. Don't let them fob you off with anything other than a Ford recommended/approved repairer, it can be worth asking your local dealership who they use and tell your insurance you want it to go there.

Remember, you can by law choose yourself where it goes for repair.  A Ford accredited repairer is essential or you'll lose your cosmetic/anti corrosion warranty.  Check also that they use genuine OE parts and not pattern.  Its far too new a car to be bodged on the cheap.

• Like 1

Yeah thanks, I went through all that with them last week. As it's a lease, I wasn't prepared to accept anything less than a ford dealer with ford approved parts with warranty. The insurers have a ford garage nearby to me that they use, looked into them and was happy for it to go there. Self approved so made it a bit easier, whilst still getting warrantied parts too,

Unfortunately I've really not had any luck with my fiesta. Before this incident, after have the vehicle 3 weeks, someone cut me up on another roundabout. I turned to the right to avoid them clipping my front left wing, and scraped both alloys on the right side (yeah was not happy). When the garage ring back, think I might ask them to quote up separately for me how much it would cost me for them to repair both alloys. I think they will only need some filler and a paint over. Might potentially get my car back as good as it was the day I got it....only 5 months ago :angry::sad:

My usual guide -

Fully expect (and allow for) EVERY other road user to be a complete moron.

It's worked for me for ~52 years. (i'll expect an accident tomorrow).

• 2 weeks later...

So...it finally got fixed!! As good as brand new again :D

20228586_10211842858699888_5329890381031963370_n.jpg

20108332_10211842832219226_6134063201149698503_n.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good, great result!

9 hours ago, HappyJam said:

So...it finally got fixed!! As good as brand new again :D

20228586_10211842858699888_5329890381031963370_n.jpg

20108332_10211842832219226_6134063201149698503_n.jpg

Good stuff. Get a couple of dashcams wired in :) 

looking good you would never know:biggrin:

13 hours ago, jbell said:

Good stuff. Get a couple of dashcams wired in :) 

Already on it haha!...

Got my dashcam all wired up, just waiting on some cable clips to keep all the wires hidden!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club