Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Painting calipers. Is it difficult?

D!str0

I am thinking of painting my brake calipers red. Have anyone tried it? Will it last. I am talking about red heat resistant spray not plasti dip spray. 

This looks okay 251749046265 like I have said on another post I have got a spare set of calipers that I intend to refurbish then paint yellow and you get the added bonus of being able to take your time 

You can also use Hammerite.

Brush on Hammerite unless you like spending a lot of time masking up stuff

I think brushing is better as you can work it into the nooks and crannies better

1 minute ago, isetta said:

I think brushing is better as you can work it into the nooks and crannies better

So there is a paint suitable (heat resistant) for calipers? I think is better with paint than spray because when you do spray you must protect the pistons so spray paint  doesn't go there. How do i ask for paint at the shop?should I clear any rust first? 

eBay for the paint, also you'll need a can or two of brake cleaner, a wire brush and possibly a scotch pad all available from eBay. Some companies sell the whole kits complete. To see what's involved type in " painting brake calipers" on you tube and hundreds of videos will come up.

12 hours ago, Chrismawa said:

You can also use Hammerite.

Too right that's what I've always used

Last for years and cheaper

Piece of ***** to do