Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EGR Blanking Plate fitment on 2.0 TDCi Engine

MACH_Chris

After searching high and low for information on this I'm resorting to starting a new topic. 

I've got an EGR blanking plate ready to fit in my 2.0 engine but I can't quite figure out whereabouts it goes. I've followed the pipe down to the inlet on the front of the block but after looking at the end of the pip its evident that it cannot fit in this location (oh how easy life would be if it did). I've found a guide on here which related to either the 1.6 or 1.8 TDCi lumps but would this guide also be the same for the 2.0 engine? 

If it doesn't, can any of the 2.0 guys who have fitted a plate on theirs give some indication of where it does go please. 

There's a thinish silver pipe running from front to back along the right hand side of the engine.  At the end of this pipe at the back of the engine, almost underneath the bulkhead/rain gutter thing, theres a diamond shape connection to a thicker pipe.

Undo the bolts (Carefully - i broke one in it!), slide the blank between the 2 end pieces, retighten bolts. 

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/bertye/media/bWVkaWFJZDo0MTk1MjUxNQ==/?ref=

This was my second guess as to where it went, I'll have another look again in a bit

undo ur wipers & remove the bulkhead thingy (couple screws) for easy access.....did mine in about 20 mins :biggrin:

36 minutes ago, flogger said:

undo ur wipers & remove the bulkhead thingy (couple screws) for easy access.....did mine in about 20 mins :biggrin:

I did not do this.

Oops. ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club