Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Irritating noise coming from rear left seatbelt

mmotti

Hi All,

I have a 2007 Ford Focus MK2 and an interior noise is driving me mad. It seems to be coming from the rear passenger's seatbelt. 

The noise itself is really difficult to describe. It's almost like an electrical buzz and the pitch / volume generally differs depending on speed and road surface. Harsher surfaces at lower speeds seem to kick it off more. Somewhat intermittent as on rare occasions I can have a short trip where I won't hear it at all.

I've tried removing the trim from around the seatbelt housing and tightened the bolt but this has made little to no difference. If anything it's been louder than ever in the last few days and I can hear it over the radio unless I have it at a ridiculous volume.

Any ideas before I take a large hammer to it?

Cheers!

I have a sound like that myself from the rear seatbelts. I can only hear it when I'm in the backseat, so it's not too bad...But still a pain in the butt. Can't offer any advice, but you're not alone lol.

• Like 1

Have you tried latching the belt buckles into their stalks (the way MOT testers commonly leave them)?. This will put the reels under tension and also prevent the buckles from rattling against the plastic wheelarch trim.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2017 at 6:41 PM, Paddy94 said:

I have a sound like that myself from the rear seatbelts. I can only hear it when I'm in the backseat, so it's not too bad...But still a pain in the butt. Can't offer any advice, but you're not alone lol.

Pain in the butt, indeed! lol.

8 hours ago, mjt said:

Have you tried latching the belt buckes into their stalks (the way MOT testers commonly leave them)?. This will put the reels under tension and also prevent the buckes from rattling against the plastic wheelarch trim.

Yes I tried this initially but all it seemed to do was change the pitch of the noise. It's got a LOT louder since then so perhaps I'll give that another go.

Even today it's been driving me absolutely mad lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club