Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favour needed

Allan37

Hi all, as some of you prob have seen my other thread about air bag recall and the state I got my car back. Dealership has had the car back and got rid of the dirty marks however none of the other bits have been sorted.

I've now got to have a new rain sensor cover, coming from America. Both my upper rear quarter trims are still broken and the favour I need is if other edge owner can check if the screw highlited in the picture should be tight against the trim or not, B piller behind seatbelt looking down to the right as you look at it on drivers side and to left on passenger side.

You don't have to pull trim away like I have just pull seat belt out of the way and look down to the right. Dealership is telling me that this is how it is on other edges and I just want to make sure.

Pics of others would be great and apologies for long post

Allan

20170706_170602.jpg

20170625_200618.jpg

20170706_170247.jpg

Mine look about the same as yours. Maybe a bit neater.

20170706_182908.jpg

20170706_182943.jpg

• Like 1

Yours look like they are tightened against the trim but mine are not, like the bolt has been cross threaded not tightened fully. Thank you for the pics and looking

Yes, I see what you mean now.

• Like 1

It's always my worry about having work done to a new car that requires stripping back, the dealerships often can't put things back the way they were. Sorry to hear you're having so many troubles.

• Like 1

Sorry no pic, but, I've looked at mine at it is similar to Kelvin 1950 and I think it looks a lot neater than how the dealer has left your vehicle. The head on the bolt looks "worn" or corners rounded as if they have used the wrong socket or spanner and the bolt does not look to be seated correctly on yours, just my opinion, but I would not be happy with this. I am still minded to not proceed with this service action and let the next dealer sort it out when I change as the aggravation and upset is not worth it. As the field action letter talks about NCAP 5 star rating and wonder whether this action is more about regulatory compliance than safety.

1 hour ago, Mazzie said:

Sorry no pic, but, I've looked at mine at it is similar to Kelvin 1950 and I think it looks a lot neater than how the dealer has left your vehicle. The head on the bolt looks "worn" or corners rounded as if they have used the wrong socket or spanner and the bolt does not look to be seated correctly on yours, just my opinion, but I would not be happy with this. I am still minded to not proceed with this service action and let the next dealer sort it out when I change as the aggravation and upset is not worth it. As the field action letter talks about NCAP 5 star rating and wonder whether this action is more about regulatory compliance than safety.

Thanks Mazzie, can understand not wanting to have it done. Thing that annoys me is I've told them I used to strip cars for a living and they still think they can fob me off

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club