Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Rear Light - Help please

lew_man

Hi all, so tonight i've changed all my interior bulbs, but i've come across an issue, or am i going mad? my interior rear light (dome?) well it does not come on auto like when open door etc, when i click it to the 1 it dont work, when i click it just in the middle, it stays on constant, dont go off at all, even with the car locked. and when i click it to the o it just does the same and stays off constantly, now i swear it's meant to come on auto when doors opening/closing? 

Ah the fun of changing interior lights on cars. It's something I've long given up on, more hassle than it was worth. Had everything from blown fuses, to engine management light coming onin the past.

Unless you've gotten lights which other people have used on the forum, chances are they're too different from the factory ones, and won't work as intended.

• Like 1

to be fair, if i could find someone that would do it all for me properly, wiring etc i'd be a very happy man, but i post & don't seem be anyone. But i would of thought it would work right even if im doing the switch. i mean the switch did fall out, so wondering if i clicked it across inside when putting it back on. might have another look tomorrow. 

Well changed and put original bulb in and doing same thing ???? Really bugging me now 

It will be the switch. Fiddly as hell to get right once it's been out. Mine is still playing up. 

Check you have put the switch in the right way around, and that the copper contacts have not got bent out of shape.  If it is falling out it sounds to me like they may be slightly bent out of shape as in my experience they fit snuggly enough to stop the switch dropping out.

• 4 months later...
On 07/07/2017 at 10:40 PM, lew_man said:

Hi all, so tonight i've changed all my interior bulbs, but i've come across an issue, or am i going mad? my interior rear light (dome?) well it does not come on auto like when open door etc, when i click it to the 1 it dont work, when i click it just in the middle, it stays on constant, dont go off at all, even with the car locked. and when i click it to the o it just does the same and stays off constantly, now i swear it's meant to come on auto when doors opening/closing? 

Hi exactly the same thing happened to me today!!!how did you solve it? Ive had couple of fiddles, even tried old bulb and no joy! Dont know what ive done wrong! 

any clues please help!!

On 11/10/2017 at 12:00 PM, Steveostit14 said:

Hi exactly the same thing happened to me today!!!how did you solve it? Ive had couple of fiddles, even tried old bulb and no joy! Dont know what ive done wrong! 

any clues please help!!

Ford replaced the whole unit for me

5 hours ago, lew_man said:

Hi lew man, thanks for answer, if not a easy fix as i hoped for, will have to look for replacement, seen couple on

eBay so might go down that route or try local breakers, dont really wanna pay dealer prices !!! 

On 11/14/2017 at 4:10 PM, Steveostit14 said:

Hi lew man, thanks for answer, if not a easy fix as i hoped for, will have to look for replacement, seen couple on

Ebay so might go down that route or try local breakers, dont really wanna pay dealer prices !!! 

got mine on warranty ; )  but yea i've read about the switch being an issue, the metal prongs? need squeeze them abit?

On 14/11/2017 at 10:29 AM, lew_man said:

eBay so might go down that route or try local breakers, dont really wanna pay dealer prices !!!

Hi, bit of a puzzle, switch looks okay, do you mean squeeze contacts on black bulb holder ? Thats the only think i might have been abit 

rough with or contacts on switch ? the copper ones?

On 11/16/2017 at 4:51 PM, Steveostit14 said:

Ebay so might go down that route or try local breakers, dont really wanna pay dealer prices !!!

Hi, bit of a puzzle, switch looks okay, do you mean squeeze contacts on black bulb holder ? Thats the only think i might have been abit 

rough with or contacts on switch ? the copper ones?

copper one's i've seen people say

Hi lew man,  okay will give a go, thinks will be better with a bench tester,! Thanks for your  advice 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club