Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thinking of wrapping the front chrome trim into carbon fiber.

D!str0

SmartSelectImage_2017-07-08-14-47-06.thumb.png.b7ee079fea955f87f951774256a414e6.pngSmartSelectImage_2017-07-08-08-43-25.thumb.png.a70f751d80dfe4d0d014f4e0e3e20260.pngAs the title says. I have also ordered real carbon fiber headlight eyelids. Which are at gloss finish. And i am thinking of wrapping the chrome trim of the hood like the rs. 

What's your thoughts? I will also be post some pics. 

9677522_6_b.jpg

I sprayed mine gloss black, but am also thinking of wrapping it because the black is chipping when stones hit it. Should have lacquered it I think.

IMG_20170507_175641.jpg

15 minutes ago, wilto said:

I sprayed mine gloss black, but am also thinking of wrapping it because the black is chipping when stones hit it. Should have lacquered it I think.

IMG_20170507_175641.jpg

Oh man your ride looks fantastic! Is this original st spoilers? I have also ordered the front and back st badges. I have upload a picture of your car and i have circled some parts. Where i can gets those? 

Screenshot_2017-07-08-16-11-17.jpg

Wrapped my chrome strip in Matt black

IMG_0236.JPG

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, D!str0 said:

Oh man your ride looks fantastic! Is this original st spoilers? I have also ordered the front and back st badges. I have upload a picture of your car and i have circled some parts. Where i can gets those? 

Had them fitted last month, by a guy who travels the country fitting them, he has a Facebook page, or Google Nick Wiley STparts, fantastic guy top job, the body kit is standard Ford one as fitted to the Zetec S and ST.

Sorry pal didn't see the arrow pointing to the headlamp trims, these are genuine RS trims I won them on e bay for £8 plus p+p, I know it was a steal considering they are £80 EACH from Ford's. Had to bond them on using some liquid plastic epoxy stuff the fitters had in work.

i'd like to see a pic of those carbon fibre eye brows once fitted to the car , they look pretty trick  :-)

11 hours ago, wilto said:

Sorry pal didn't see the arrow pointing to the headlamp trims, these are genuine RS trims I won them on e bay for £8 plus p+p, I know it was a steal considering they are £80 EACH from Ford's. Had to bond them on using some liquid plastic epoxy stuff the fitters had in work.

As far for the hood vents. The dude is in England and i am in Greece so it's impossible. And also I don't like the idea of cutting my hood to fit them. And for the headlight trims i have searched a lot at eBay and I can't find anything. Your very lucky then to win them. 

6 hours ago, biff55 said:

i'd like to see a pic of those carbon fibre eye brows once fitted to the car , they look pretty trick  :-)

As soon i shall receive them I will install them. But that's my concern. The eyelids are at a gloss finish. Should i wrap with 3m di noc vinyl which comes at a slightly mat and little glossy finish? I have also ordered 5d high glossy carbon vinyl to apply to my interior (like the rs) but i am afraid to put it to an outside part. By the way awsome lip spoke? Where do you bought it. I have bought the samurai carbon lip spoiler (the rubber with 3m) and i wasn't satisfied with the look so i didn't install it. 

I wraped mine in gloss black film to go with the gloss black grills I have got. as seen as you are getting carbon fibre head light brows yea maybe go for carbon wrap film to tie it in. you could also colour code the fog light chrome rings  as I have done.

here is the front of my focus 731d7de6-8cb5-4ad8-bd4f-6ff154d2c1b4_zps

colour coded fog rings 001_zpswrnh5qo1.jpg

• Like 1

I wrapped my bonnet lip with carbon FIbre 3M film.  didn't take too long.

Youll need a hairdryer to warm up the adhesive strips, some new sticky pads, and to be gentle so you don't bend the plastic or break the clips it locates with!!

There is a guide below in my signature for the bonnet lip...

2 hours ago, b4zz said:

I wraped mine in gloss black film to go with the gloss black grills I have got. as seen as you are getting carbon fibre head light brows yea maybe go for carbon wrap film to tie it in. you could also colour code the fog light chrome rings  as I have done.

here is the front of my focus 731d7de6-8cb5-4ad8-bd4f-6ff154d2c1b4_zps

colour coded fog rings 001_zpswrnh5qo1.jpg

Did you get a 3m gloss vinyl or a eBay cheap one? I afraid of putting other brand than 3m will ruine my chrome. Shall i put gloss carbon or the classic 3m di noc. Awsome look of the gloss spoiler? How can i paint my like that? Also the lip spoiler looks awsome. Where can i buy it? 

1 hour ago, TDCiST said:

I wrapped my bonnet lip with carbon FIbre 3M film.  didn't take too long.

Youll need a hairdryer to warm up the adhesive strips, some new sticky pads, and to be gentle so you don't bend the plastic or break the clips it locates with!!

There is a guide below in my signature for the bonnet lip...

I can't see your guide 

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but where did you get the Ford badge from?? I thought the original place had stopped doing them. 

Many thanks Mike. :cool:

731d7de6-8cb5-4ad8-bd4f-6ff154d2c1b4_zpszisxsk71.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, D!str0 said:

I can't see your guide 

The link is in my signature, it's another thread and you can download it from there.  You'll probably need to be on a computer if your looking at this on your mobile... link copied below for you!

7 hours ago, mac801123 said:

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but where did you get the Ford badge from?? I thought the original place had stopped doing them. 

There's a guy doing them now on eBay/Amazon. Don't know if the quality matches DMB, as thats where I got all mine from in the early days.

14 hours ago, D!str0 said:

Did you get a 3m gloss vinyl or a ebay cheap one? I afraid of putting other brand than 3m will ruine my chrome. Shall i put gloss carbon or the classic 3m di noc. Awsome look of the gloss spoiler? How can i paint my like that? Also the lip spoiler looks awsome. Where can i buy it? 

yea I was a cheapish one from eBay mate but seems to be weathering well for the money.i would go for gloss carbon to match it best with the light brows myself. I got the front grill painted in gloss back by my local body shop think it cost me about £70. the front splitter I got from Maxton design just type there name into google and they will come up.

8 hours ago, mac801123 said:

hi I got the badges from gel badges.com I think they where called. have had them on the car for about 2 years and seem to be weathering very well

5 minutes ago, b4zz said:

yea I was a cheapish one from ebay mate but seems to be weathering well for the money.i would go for gloss carbon to match it best with the light brows myself. I got the front grill painted in gloss back by my local body shop think it cost me about £70. the front splitter I got from Maxton design just type there name into google and they will come up.

I have a gloss spray. Got it from lidl and done a black anime figure and it turn out very well and shiny. Should i try it on the grill? If i get a 3m carbon fiber and spray it with the gloss spray? I think i will wrap the door pillars also! 

if you are good at paint spraying then yes have a go at the grill but if not them I would let a pro do it as they should be able to do a better job. if you can get the carbon wrap in a gloss look I would just buy that to save a bit of trouble yea the door pillers will look good too been thinking of doing mine but unsure

Just hand sprayed them. They look what better that oem gray mat. 

20170710_195925.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club