Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xenon HiD lights?

AVFC Jay

Right, I am interested in changing my headlights to the nice colours that you get with the new Audi and BMW cars. I was browsing on eBay and found this kit claiming to use the same technology as the Audi and BMWs do...is it legit? And can anyone vouch for them? If not, can someone recommend others?

HiD Lights...eBay

Right, I am interested in changing my headlights to the nice colours that you get with the new Audi and BMW cars. I was browsing on eBay and found this kit claiming to use the same technology as the Audi and BMWs do...is it legit? And can anyone vouch for them? If not, can someone recommend others?

HiD Lights...eBay

Not worth the money or the hassle to be honest

just get yourself some phillips bluevision bulbs

You need H7 and H1 bulbs they normally come with the 501 side light bulbs

Ant

HID kits are illegal on UK roads and should only be used off public roads. As zetecred89 said, its not worth the hassle.

Nice to see theres no mention on the eBay listing about off road use only....

Powerbulbs sell on eBay btw, and thanks for all the heads up guys. So as far as HiD lights are concerned, you actually have to physically change the whole headlights so it refracts the light properly...jesus what a total !Removed! haha! So yeah I will just stick to the legal ones, don't wish for an !Removed! of a policeman to stop me (I already have a bad record around my area as it is)

To be honest it's very unlikely you'd get stopped for having hid's imo. The projector headlights on the zetec s etc. are more suited to hid's as they project the light in a better beam pattern, however you can get anti glare hid bulbs for use in reflector lamp units. As long as you have your lights alligned properly (not aiming to high and dazzling other drivers) then you'd most likely be fine.

Has anyone on here got hids fitted????

And has anyone got a picture of upgraded bulbs fitted to their car on here???

If so i reckon some pictures would help as i wanna up grade and was thinking hid but if its a waste of time i wont

To be honest it's very unlikely you'd get stopped for having hid's imo. The projector headlights on the zetec s etc. are more suited to hid's as they project the light in a better beam pattern, however you can get anti glare hid bulbs for use in reflector lamp units. As long as you have your lights alligned properly (not aiming to high and dazzling other drivers) then you'd most likely be fine.

They are still illegal:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

I'm not saying it's not illegal, but if you really wanted to install them then I doubt you'd get any bother for it. To be honest as long as there set up properly I don't have a problem with them, there's far worse crimes.

I have some of autobulbs directs own ice blue h7 upgrade bulbs (legal), there only about £10 and they look lovely, very white light with a slight tint of blue, no brighter than stock bulbs though.

I'm not saying it's not illegal, but if you really wanted to install them then I doubt you'd get any bother for it. To be honest as long as there set up properly I don't have a problem with them, there's far worse crimes.

I have some of autobulbs directs own ice blue h7 upgrade bulbs (legal), there only about £10 and they look lovely, very white light with a slight tint of blue, no brighter than stock bulbs though.

They were recently stopping drivers with HID lights on cars like Vauxhalls etc, and also cars with fog lights on in Sheffield. I don't think it's worth the risk!

Yeah I will probably just go for some Philips BlueVision or something from powerbulbs. I have enquired about getting actual headlamps made to fit and use HiD lights, thus making them LEGAL...and it is costly, looking at around £200 per headlamp. Not worth it when for Full beam, headlights and sidelights I can get them all for like £40.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club