bt_cav

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 294 posts
  • Name: Brian
  • Ford Model: focus
  • Year: 2004

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:28 PM

Hi All, Im looking to find out if anyone else has had this fault. Only one side (Passenger) of the heated front windscerrn is working. I have checked to see if either of the two fueses (30 amp) were blowen but they are both fine.

I did look under the bonnet to see if I could see any wiering to the windscreen but Im guessing it is hidden under the plastic pannel beneth the wipers??

I did notice there was some air/dampness at the bottem of the windscreen (drivers side corner) I didnt think the element wires went all the way into the corners so not sure if this would effect it. there may be more below the the Plastic pannel out of sight.

Any thought??

:(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,192 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

hello and welcome to the forum :)

i suspect it might be a relay or perhaps the wires on the windscreen itself may have been damaged?

#3 Jonny87

Jonny87

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Posted 06 January 2010 - 07:35 PM

was just about to say fuses but I just re-read and have seen that you have checked them... Sometimes the fuses look ok though even when they have broken so maybe replace them anyway just to be sure as this will be the easiest and cheapest way of fixing the problem

#4 bt_cav

bt_cav

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 294 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:19 PM

Hi its good to be part of the club :)

I have looked for images online for fusion heated windscreens but not found any, when the weather gets better I`ll have a walk round the scrap yard and see if there are any fusions with the panel removed to see where the wires connect on to the windscreen, maybe try and get a photo to post here ;) in the mean time I`ll try a couple of new fuses.

Thanks guys

#5 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,192 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:54 PM

Hi its good to be part of the club :)

I have looked for images online for fusion heated windscreens but not found any, when the weather gets better I`ll have a walk round the scrap yard and see if there are any fusions with the panel removed to see where the wires connect on to the windscreen, maybe try and get a photo to post here ;) in the mean time I`ll try a couple of new fuses.

Thanks guys

if its possible that one of the fuses has blown but you just cant see it, try swapping them and see if it has the opposite affect on the windscreen?

#6 bt_cav

bt_cav

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:53 AM

Thats a good idea, more so since they are small fuses which I dont have any of at the moment.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users