• Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale


JONATHAN_11_80

Clutch Replacement on 2010 Focus 1.8 petrol.

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Been quoted £515 for a clutch on my focus is this a fair price.  Also does the 1.8 petrol have a dual mass flywheel.  Some people say yes and other say it hasnt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

6 hours ago, JONATHAN_11_80 said:

Hi,

Been quoted £515 for a clutch on my focus is this a fair price.  Also does the 1.8 petrol have a dual mass flywheel.  Some people say yes and other say it hasnt.

Had clutch & slave cylinder done last year for £480 inc VAT on my 1.6 diesel at an independent garage so i guess that doesn't sound too bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you do the clutch yourself and how difficult was it to do on the driveway.  Have done a clutch on  vauxhall corsa years ago but the box didnt need to come up it dropped out from underneath once the input shaft was slid back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yea I did it on the drive way it comes out though the bottom same way as you did Vauxhall i used a couple

of good jacks and stands easy really :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, dezwez said:

remove it and cleaned it out:smile:

Fair play Dez, take my hat off to you, doing  a clutch on a driveway, I changed a clutch on my Capri many years ago, lying on my back underneath the car, pulled the gearbox off the engine and it dropped into my chest, couldn't move anywhere, ended up shouting "mam, mam help"  she never heard me. Managed to get out eventually, that was the first and last time I removed a gearbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wilto said:

Fair play Dez, take my hat off to you, doing  a clutch on a driveway, I changed a clutch on my Capri many years ago, lying on my back underneath the car, pulled the gearbox off the engine and it dropped into my chest, couldn't move anywhere, ended up shouting "mam, mam help"  she never heard me. Managed to get out eventually, that was the first and last time I removed a gearbox.

lol :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dezwez said:

I changed a clutch on my Capri many years ago, lying on my back underneath the car, pulled the gearbox off the engine and it dropped into my chest,

Lol I remember those days well I did exactly the same  with my 2.1 moded Capri as I wanted to put a five speed box in to replace the four. Trouble was the rear diff ratio was then wrong 0 to 60 like a train anything else well that was it lol. So I when and swapped it for a 2.8 I much better  still when round corners sideways (axel  ***** ) in the wet  because of the cart springs suspension lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the worst gearbox I've ever done on the drive was just last year, BMW 530D. the box was a bit of a monster to say the least. Front wheel drive boxes where you don't need to drop the subframe are easily do able on the drive. An IB5 box from a fiesta or focus i will lift in and out without any jacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sure the petrol isnt a dmf? Ive bene told my 2010 2.0 petrol has a dmf so when i get my clutch changed they gonna check it as if it needs changing i need to factor the additional cost in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

Are you sure the petrol isnt a dmf? Ive bene told my 2010 2.0 petrol has a dmf so when i get my clutch changed they gonna check it as if it needs changing i need to factor the additional cost in.

we are talking about the 1.8 :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know we talkin the 1.8 but as has been said the 1.8 n 2.0 r the same engine excpet for displacment. So because i was told my 2.0 has a dmf i assumed the 1.8 would as well. But as you say maybe the gearbox is the reason as i have the mtx75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now