Show
Photo
- - - - -

How many has not moved there car scence the big frezze

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16 titanium_s_spec

titanium_s_spec

Local Rep: Hertfordshire (Spelling Bee Champ)

• FOC Supporters
  • 726 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk7 mountune

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:00 AM

seen a landrover 2day nearly loseing it :o

see just goes to show nothing is any good in the ice.. onl in the snow where you can get some grip...

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Hook

Hook

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec
Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:26 AM

Mine hasn't moved since Tuesday morning. If school is closed I ain't going out!

#18 fiesta_lad

fiesta_lad

Area Rep: Northwest

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta mk5
Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:06 PM

Iam going to be brave and go the shops today its going to be a task to get onto the main roads but i will do it :lol:

#19 ChrisZetecS

ChrisZetecS

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S TDCi

Posted 07 January 2010 - 12:20 PM

My car was out and about yesterday and was fine most of the time even in 6+ inches of snow.
This morning though temp was -6 and all the snow had frozen, and the main roads hadn't been gritted or ploughed so my second service is going to have to wait til a week on Monday, by which point it'll be about 700 miles overdue :/

#20 Girlonmars

Girlonmars

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Ford Model: MK7 Fiesta Zetec 1.4 in Hot Magenta

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:29 PM

I haven't moved mine since Tuesday night but i might brave it tomorrow morning depending on how the weather goes. She looks quite pretty covered in a blanket of snow! At just under 2 weeks old, i dont think ill have a problem with her starting etc.

#21 irononreverse

irononreverse

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Zetec Mk7

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:57 PM

I had a bit of an iffy slip yesterday, my rear wheels were on a bit of sloping grass and my poor Fiesta was wheel spinning like crazy! Thank god for the two helpful souls who came out to help push me back onto the road. If it hadn't been for them I'd have been there for a long time, as it was, I was just there for a couple of minutes.

The cabin smelt of burnt clutch though... :(

#22 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S

Posted 07 January 2010 - 02:58 PM

We still have some snow today, most of it is just frozen but I will be going to the local store tomorrow with my mum for the weekly shop. Not going to the nearest Tesco like normal. But I go back to work on Saturday so that will be interesting... The roads will be gritted fine so long as it isn't snowing non stop.

#23 lauraGeeGee

lauraGeeGee

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Ford Model: KA Collection / KA Zetec

Posted 07 January 2010 - 03:22 PM

Had no choice!

Had to go to work! Been on the early shift (5am starts) since the freeze started so no public transport then even if I wanted to use it. I work on public transport anyway so have to get in to help others get to work.

Roads have not been good close to home though the main roads not too bad.

Just took it VERY easy.

Last thing I want is an incident in my new car.

No problems starting and heats up quickly. Definate bonus is the heated windscreen!

Would definatlely rather not venture out at all!

Day off tomorrow so car will not be moving.

#24 Flic

Flic

Area Rep: Southeast 2 (Chrome Hater)

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Ford Model: 09 Fiesta Zetec-S
Posted 07 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

Been out in mine today, bit slippy but he coped fine with it! It's just fresh snow on the roads he seems to have issues with! Luckily my nice boss let us finish at 3:30 today so as we can get home safely in the light before the ice kicks in. Same tomorrow :)

#25 Hook

Hook

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

Been out in mine today, bit slippy but he coped fine with it! It's just fresh snow on the roads he seems to have issues with! Luckily my nice boss let us finish at 3:30 today so as we can get home safely in the light before the ice kicks in. Same tomorrow :)

I think of my car as a girl, do all guys do that and girls think of theirs as male? hrmm..

#26 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Ford Model: New Fiesta 1.4 Titanium
Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:06 PM

I think of my car as a girl, do all guys do that and girls think of theirs as male? hrmm..

I think of mine as a... what the hell am i going on about.. it's a !Removed! car that gets me from A to B. Mine couldn't be a girl anyway due to the amount of profanities that I use which I would never use in the presence of the fairer !Removed!, whilst driving the highways and byways stuffed up the rear end of Geordie slow boy in his ickle Fiesta, with his "My other cars a Lotus" sticker in the back. ;)

#27 Hook

Hook

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:13 PM

I think of mine as a... what the hell am i going on about.. it's a !Removed! car that gets me from A to B. Mine couldn't be a girl anyway due to the amount of profanities that I use which I would never use in the presence of the fairer !Removed!, whilst driving the highways and byways stuffed up the rear end of Geordie slow boy in his ickle Fiesta, with his "My other cars a Lotus" sticker in the back. ;)

My girlfriend shouted at me the other day when somebody cut me up... they were driving a 10 year old Corsa and overtook me and them tried to pull into the side of me. I made a slightly sexually suggestive hand movement and she went mad. Of course when we got to the next set of traffic lights the Fiesta left the Corsa for dust. Think he probably had a 'my other cars a Lotus' sticker too!

#28 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:18 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Surely the sticker would say M3 instead of Lotus? What are you guy's on about anyway, Keith has an older M3 that you can buy second hand for the same price as a new Fiesta!! He doesn't drive a brand new 55 grand one!!!
I'm almost detecting snobbery on here?? If I win the lotto I would look and a new M3 and a Jag XFR, plus a 4X4 for the snow hehe.

And also I would like to say I have WAY more van drivers up my backside daily then any BMW, Audi or Merc.

#29 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:24 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Surely the sticker would say M3 instead of Lotus? What are you guy's on about anyway, Keith has an older M3 that you can buy second hand for the same price as a new Fiesta!! He doesn't drive a brand new 55 grand one!!!
I'm almost detecting snobbery on here?? If I win the lotto I would look and a new M3 and a Jag XFR, plus a 4X4 for the snow hehe.

And also I would like to say I have WAY more van drivers up my backside daily then any BMW, Audi or Merc.

You'll have to read the other thread which I hijacked or somebody else did and I just carried it on. :D

#30 KeithC

KeithC

Ford Enthusiast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

My girlfriend shouted at me the other day when somebody cut me up... they were driving a 10 year old Corsa and overtook me and them tried to pull into the side of me. I made a slightly sexually suggestive hand movement and she went mad. Of course when we got to the next set of traffic lights the Fiesta left the Corsa for dust. Think he probably had a 'my other cars a Lotus' sticker too!

I'm always getting it me, from the steely stare to pitiful laughter coming from the passenger seat. Sometimes, I just can't help myself and it can be the smallest thing in the world. the wife says she's gonna plant a mic in the car and record me when I'm on my own, I told her not to bother, her C90 would finish before I got to work. ;)

I just hate inconsiderate drivers.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users