Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fore focus 2013 tdci wynns egr cleaner

JH.100

I have a can of wynns egr cleaner but need to know where to spray. Don't want to spray into turbo as it's pretty clean. My aim is to clean the egr but not sure which hose to remove and spray into. Attached is a pic of engine bay. Can someone help 

170715_082513_0.jpeg

The EGR valve isn't like the one on the MK2, not sure if it would even need cleaning not heard of them blocking up, if it's not broke don't fix it?

• Like 1

I've only ever replaced one and that wasn't replaced due to being blocked or faulty. Still got it incase anyone ever did have a faulty one.

1500148413513.jpg

43 minutes ago, iantt said:

I've only ever replaced one and that wasn't replaced due to being blocked or faulty. Still got it incase anyone ever did have a faulty one.

1500148413513.jpg

They seem to be extremely reliable not heard of anyone having any issues

So does anyone know which pipe to take off? 

Your likely to cause more harm then good. If its not giving you issues leave it alone

Which pipe needs to be taken off so I can through to the egr while bypassing the turbo...

1 hour ago, JH.100 said:

Which pipe needs to be taken off so I can through to the egr while bypassing the turbo...

don`t take any pipes off, if you have no problems with the car running then it don`t need to be messed with

My post simply asks for the correct hose to remove as I don't want to spray into the turbo, and instead spray to the closest/best inlet to reach the egr.

I thought it was a fairly inocuous question and one that would be answered quickly.  I have also never heard of an egr that never needs cleaning or never has problems and I can't imagine a mid range ford would be the one to change the game on this .

26 minutes ago, JH.100 said:

My post simply asks for the correct hose to remove as I don't want to spray into the turbo, and instead spray to the closest/best inlet to reach the egr.

I thought it was a fairly inocuous question and one that would be answered quickly.  I have also never heard of an egr that never needs cleaning or never has problems and I can't imagine a mid range ford would be the one to change the game on this .

No removing just a hose, as for cleaning it do whatever you want but remember you might mess it up look for something like the image below to the back of your engine.

2015-08-28%2013.28.27.png

Image credit to Stoney

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JH.100 said:

I have also never heard of an egr that never needs cleaning or never has problems

Bought our old 1.8TDCi in 2008 with 47K on & traded in at 115K in 2015. The EGR was never touched.

16 hours ago, JH.100 said:

And the replies you are receiving are trying to prevent you from sc-rewin-g (Why is that censored? Its not an expletive!?) up your engine and egr valve. If there is no engine management light or DTCs relating to the egr valve then just leave it alone. As people have already said several times, the MK3 valves appear to be reliable.

Is your car running badly?

There is a lot of knowledge on this board. There are guys that work on these cars everyday and know them inside out (Ian I'm looking at you!). It would be wise to listen. 

Could you be asking for a different reason that you think will not be approved of?

Actually as a thought from someone who just barely knows that fuel goes in, stuff happens, then exhaust comes out, is the dpf before or after the egr in the chain? Could explain cleaner egrs if all the carbon has been filtered out by then?

The egr on my mk3 Mondeo (alright so who hasn't been over to the darkside?!) was coked up enough that I literally had to scoop the carbon out. 

8 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

The egr on my mk3 Mondeo (alright so who hasn't been over to the darkside?!) was coked up enough that I literally had to scoop the carbon out. 

Ah, the joys of owning a MK3 Mondeo. I loved mine, and did that a few times in the year I owned it!

• Like 1

There is a lot of knowledge on this board. There are guys that work on these cars everyday and know them inside out (Ian I'm looking at you!). It would be wise to listen. 
Could you be asking for a different reason that you think will not be approved of?
Actually as a thought from someone who just barely knows that fuel goes in, stuff happens, then exhaust comes out, is the dpf before or after the egr in the chain? Could explain cleaner egrs if all the carbon has been filtered out by then?

Stop staring at me !!!
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2017 at 8:32 PM, JH.100 said:

Spray where you like.  If you're not going to listen to the advice given anyway what's the point in us replying? Just spray it on the roof and hope for the best.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, DJ_Andy_M said:

Ah, the joys of owning a MK3 Mondeo. I loved mine, and did that a few times in the year I owned it!

I had a Haynes for it that said "Oi droives a traaaaaaaaactor"

Wonderful car, when it was rubber side down...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Wonderful car, when it was rubber side down

Was yours often rubber side up? . . . . .

well the rubber wasn't touching the floor at least. Spent more time.on the ramps than on the road...

But in fairness it was 11 years old at the time and had 226000 miles on it...