Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

T-Cut on windscreen

Trewithy

My daughters 11 year old Seat has some sort of contamination across her windscreen that I can feel with my fingers.  I have tried many different glass cleaners but I just can't shift it.  In desperation I tried using T-Cut on a small area on the bottom corner of the screen and it has cleaned the glass brilliantly, it feels clean and smooth and is clear to look through form inside the car.  But I am wary of doing the whole screen as on the T-Cut bottle it states do not use on glass.  Has anyone used T-Cut on a windscreen or got another suggestion?

• Like 1

I heard toothpaste work :smile:

• Like 1

I wouldn't use it on the windscreen. The problem will start when the sun hits it or when it rains. The toothpaste mentioned above is great ive used this just make sure you wash it off properly

• Like 2

Can you try IPA fluid? That has got rid of a fair few suspicious substances for me in the past

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Might be residue left by rain-x or similar. Some IPA or strong screenwash might do the trick. Toothpaste is lightly abrasive so may also do the job.

5L of concentrate screenwash (Carparts4less, £2.05 with a discount code) - states do not get neat on paintwork, contains IPA and Methanol. It works so well that it removes the rain-x from my windscreen if I squirt it on at more than about 50-75% concentration + smells lovely!

• Like 1

Clean the glass with cheap gin or vodka.
Best degreasers you can use.
Wash off well with water or your car will stink like a squaddie on a monday morning [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cleaned the entire screen with toothpaste, amazingly it has worked and the screen is lovely and clean.  I was so impressed I also did my Fiesta which suffers from wiper judder and now the judder is virtually gone.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trewithy said:

Cleaned the entire screen with toothpaste, amazingly it has worked and the screen is lovely and clean.  I was so impressed I also did my Fiesta which suffers from wiper judder and now the judder is virtually gone.

great news :smile:

• Like 1

nice one problem sorted:biggrin:

I bet that got some strange looks from the neighbors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

lol don't we all at some point :blink:

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:26 PM, Trewithy said:

silly question what toothpaste did you use please?

I used Colgate Original Care, it was what was in the bathroom but you could probably use any toothpaste.  It works because it contains a mild abrasive.  I would guess that whitening or smokers toothpaste contains more abrasive so I would be inclined to give those a miss, but that is just my opinion not based on any fact.

Just don't try using that stuff for dentures otherwise you'll have to take the windscreen out first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

• Like 2

Some toothpaste contains pumice which is very abrasive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

On 18/07/2017 at 7:00 AM, Stoney871 said:

Clean the glass with cheap gin or vodka.

:shocking: :no: :nono: :jawdrop: 

I'm sorry, but I can't condone the use of any kind of alcohol for cleaning purposes! :laugh:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club