Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emergency funnel alternative????

Trillionz

Anyone discovered a household item that can be used instead. I am not about to pay £7 for a plastic pipe. I went through some of my sockets to see if any of them would fit just to size it and I found that the 17mm one does. Vernier reading of 24mm. Looks like the handle on the garden rake is this size so the next time I get the car out of the garage I'll try it for size and cut a bit off if it works.:smile: 

• Haha 1

It's not just the size, I believe it's 'keyed' (very basically).  Just pay the £7, keep it in the car and never think of the £7 again. I suspect most here have just bought one.

• Like 2

The spout on a 4 gallon army Jerry Can Is what I use. Ideal! 

• Like 1

Sent the wife to check the caravan water carrier.:wink:

Edit: water spout right size to start with but tapered.

Found this though:- will see if they will let me try one £3.19. http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-maintenance-accessories/car-cans-and-funnels/fuel-cans-accessories/?549779981&&cc5_147

2 hours ago, Devonboy said:

The spout on a 4 gallon army Jerry Can Is what I use. Ideal! 

I thought there was a extra tab of plastic on the official ford funnel which was required to open the neck? I guess not!

40 minutes ago, vibeone said:

I thought there was a extra tab of plastic on the official ford funnel which was required to open the neck? I guess not!

It seemed strange to me that when you look at the ones for sale on eBay they have a range of years that they work on. Yet aren't all the diesel pump nozzles the same when you fill up no matter what you've got?????????:biggrin:

• Like 1

It seemed strange to me that when you look at the ones for sale on eBay they have a range of years that they work on. Yet aren't all the diesel pump nozzles the same when you fill up no matter what you've got?????????biggrin.png

Yep, only difference is diesel or petrol versions

Try a shewee
[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

Try a shewee
emoji23.png

That is what comes up if you search on amazon for one.:biggrin:

good grief , you really wanna risk wrecking your filler spout to save 4 quid ?

yeah good luck with that.......  :-/

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Trillionz said:

Sent the wife to check the caravan water carrier.:wink:

Edit: water spout right size to start with but tapered.

Found this though:- will see if they will let me try one £3.19. http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/car-maintenance-accessories/car-cans-and-funnels/fuel-cans-accessories/?549779981&&cc5_147

That's the one I use 

£7 is a small price to pay,but if it hurts you that put paying that, take the car back to where you got it from and tell `em the funnel was missing from the car :w00t:

• Like 2

Just to check, you've looked in the spare wheel well in and around the foam/spare wheel (if you have one) for it? I found mine hiding underneath the foam sort of wedged in.

4 hours ago, Micro said:

Just to check, you've looked in the spare wheel well in and around the foam/spare wheel (if you have one) for it? I found mine hiding underneath the foam sort of wedged in.

Yes I have checked, It is the principal I object to.not-gonna-take-it-twisted-sister-were-no 

Can't remember the last time I had to fill a car up from a can just make sure you don't run out of fuel and your principles won't take a hit

I have just got this car and it has been doing 2miles a day for the last 4 years so its all choked up. I want to put a bottle of Redex in £10 worth of diesel,warm it up and drive it around at 4k revs to clean it out.:wink: But I can't get the Redex into it without a funnel. I could go the fuel filter route but I don't want that much carbon dumping into an already choked exhaust. :ohmy:      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8RfoL7aZJo&t=75s

53 minutes ago, Trillionz said:

I have just got this car and it has been doing 2miles a day for the last 4 years so its all choked up

take it for a good blast down motorway and fill up with shell/bp premium as it has the additives in it all ready.

i take it the old owner of the car was doing 2 miles a day in it for 4yrs and not you if you have only just got the car

11 hours ago, Trillionz said:

Yes I have checked, It is the principal I object to.not-gonna-take-it-twisted-sister-were-no 

That's not a principle it's just you being tight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarksST said:

That's not a principle it's just you being tight.

I have just had £7 in my hand whilst I looked in our recycle bin and I can't see one bit of plastic in there that is worth £7.:biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Trillionz said:

I have just had £7 in my hand whilst I looked in our recycle bin and I can't see one bit of plastic in there that is worth £7.:biggrin:

keep that £7 in your hand ready to invest in a proper funnel and then it`s job done

Come the Zombie Apocalypse I don't want to be siphoning fuel out of all the dead cars and trying to put it in mine with the emergency She-wee. I'm with John and an army jerrycan as weapon of choice. :wink: As soon as I've got my car on the road I'll report back when I have tried one.

the last thing you`ll be doing it siphoning fuel out of cars if your a zombie :yawn:

• Like 1

I can confirm that the £3.19 Jerry can spout from Eurocarparts does fit the DIESEL.

Not available in store but with free delivery it took 3 days,came with DHL signed for. How they make any money from that I have no idea.

It is steel in its construction so I would not look for similar regards a PETROL as steel on steel can=SPARK and BANG but it will not fit anyway.

qqbupc.jpg

LOL I'll stick with the smaller lighter official option, but I admire you for sticking with finding an alternative!

8 hours ago, Trillionz said:

I can confirm that the £3.19 Jerry can spout from Eurocarparts does fit the DIESEL.

Not available in store but with free delivery it took 3 days,came with DHL signed for. How they make any money from that I have no idea.

they make plenty of money as they have ripped you off, it`s only £2.06p with this weeks discount code at eurocarparts :yahoo:

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club