Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Typical idiot newbie question,Whats my gearbox?

Trillionz

Its a 2009 focus Tdci 2.0 auto. Was advertised as a "Powershift".

My question is:- are the clutches wet or dry and with 85k on the clock should I be worried?:unsure:

Had the manual out and I believe I have a 6DCT450 which seems to be a wet one and it only had its oil and filter changed a year ago just 2K miles ago:wink:So I think I'm good!:biggrin:

6 hours ago, Trillionz said:

Its a 2009 focus Tdci 2.0 auto. Was advertised as a "Powershift".

My question is:- are the clutches wet or dry and with 85k on the clock should I be worried?:unsure:

To make you feel better on the newbie questions I have one of my own...What's the difference between a wet or dry clutch?

19 minutes ago, Albert27 said:

To make you feel better on the newbie questions I have one of my own...What's the difference between a wet or dry clutch?

Dry clutch is like a conventional car clutch but they have two of them in the auto. Wet is the same but the clutch is in a bath of oil so they last longer.As I understand it:biggrin:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trillionz said:

Dry clutch is like a conventional car clutch but they have two of them in the auto. Wet is the same but the clutch is in a bath of oil so they last longer.As I understand it:biggrin:

AND in recent years, Ford Powershift (dry) clutches have had a habit of crapping out after just a few thousand miles!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club