Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs traction control lights on dash

graeme6

Hi all, I have a 2007 Mondeo Titanium X 2.0 TDCI which has developed an ABS / traction control fault. Plugged in to OB11 scanner and fault is showing as C1D17 - high power ground fault. Anyone got any idea what this is?

I don't no the fault code, but the normal suspect is a wheel sensor, if that's a generic scanner it may not be giving the correct code, 

Have now found out the ABS module is faulty, have bought a replacement off eBay and fault clears. Trouble is now car won't start as unit needs to be coded to car, will have to find someone who can change the vin number on the ABS unit. Apparently this is to prevent people from putting stolen parts on cars. Sounds more like ford money making scheme to me.

"Fault Clears" - is this just because the car will not communicate with the module, and when you get it recoded it will return?

Have you checked the wheel sensors, and all wiring to those sensors and the ABS module?