Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance

JKSEN

9 hours ago, Jethro_Tull said:

You're pulling onto a motorway of fast moving traffic.  You accelerate hard and pull on to the carriageway.  Instead of rewarding you for your foresight in acxurately matching your speed to the traffic flow it punishes you for hard acceleration.  However, cause a hazard by dangerously dawdling into the traffic flow and causing people to swerve or brake and it rewards you for your gentle caressing if the throttle

I wondered why most people round here drive at 25 mph no matter what the speed limit is .In a 60  they go25 mph in a 30 they go 25 mph must have a black box

" You accelerate hard and pull on to the carriageway"

You shouldn't have to accelerate or brake hard joining a carriageway at any point if joining properly, nor do you have the right of way (as many think)

gentle throttle and braking shows you are reading the road ahead and thus reduces a lot of unnecessary collisions

I'm governed by this crap on a daily basis in my 44ton truck and imagine a black box works the same in a car

If you've gone from a standstill at a red traffic light at the top of the slip road, and you have to merge safely with traffic travelling at 70MPH only 200 metres away, how do you do that without accelerating pretty sharpish?  Please explain how you expect to be able to join the flow safely if you have not matched your speed?

There is no such thing as "right of way" in the UK, and I have never suggested there was. Ever.  There is only priority, and that is a commodity you give to others, and never simply take for yourself.

• Like 1

Hmmm I always thought from my early recollections of my driving test in 1986 that pedestrians always have "the right of way"?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Gizza11 said:

I wondered why most people round here drive at 25 mph no matter what the speed limit is .In a 60  they go25 mph in a 30 they go 25 mph must have a black box

Exaggerated much? Going 25MPH in a 60 is one hell of a hazard!

Right of way or give way to the right lol.

I didn't say I agree with it but that's how these things work. usually a slip road is down hill to aid building up speed when joining. but to achieve that speed in such a short distance is deemed "heavy acceleration" its pathetic and big brother gone mad but that's the way

oh and too slow in a 30nph is called kerb crawling lol

Have you ever tried to accelarate uphill in a ford fiesta 1.0 even speeding along at 60mph lol

Watchdog did a programme on it - quite funny until i got the Fiesta and realised you need to change down gear on even the most moderate of hills even doing 60mph but i guess that is the price for being a tightar$e (I call it being eco friendly)!

4 minutes ago, omen1314 said:

Have you ever tried to accelarate uphill in a ford fiesta 1.0 even speeding along at 60mph lol

Watchdog did a programme on it - quite funny until i got the Fiesta and realised you need to change down gear on even the most moderate of hills even doing 60mph but i guess that is the price for being a tightar$e (I call it being eco friendly)!

I can go up a pretty steep hill in third no problem when starting off at 20mph.. fourth is it's limit but can still get up fine lol

lol yes its called a tight **** lol but when your young and governed by a black box what choice do you have

imagine that with 24 gears and 44ton on your back "harsh acceleration" is your only option

• Like 2

13 hours ago, .#Crash said:

What mods have you got on your 1L? I was charged an extra £2 a month just for putting the bigger fiesta spoiler found on the Zetec S and ST on my 125hp Fiesta. Although it's just declared as a "rear spoiler" so I could put anything on lol.

after market exhaust, induction kit, painted calipers were the most expensive ones, my premium started off at 1300 i think.

Lady Bird insurance are good. I have a dr10 on my licence which is drink driving and I got mine for £700 a year for a 1.4 tdci 2012 fiesta. I'll tell you a trick I used- call around midnight or midday and become the operators friend, they say they have no power to give lower insurance but ever since i0 was told this trick I've never paid over £800 for the year.

Late night and end of the month if you're ringing them. They'll do anything to hit their sales targets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.tomholroydphotography.co.uk

When I was looking for insurance for my fiesta I noticed as soon as it hit 10pm the insurance quotes went up slightly so time of day can also have an impact 

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, .#Crash said:

Exaggerated much? Going 25MPH in a 60 is one hell of a hazard!

No NOT AT ALL!!! you obviously  don't live round by me. Come for a visit and see for yourself .Of course not every one does this but a fair few do even my wife goes mad at them .

Just now, Gizza11 said:

No NOT AT ALL!!! you obviously  don't live round by me. Come for a visit and see for yourself .

Geez, sounds like you need to start handing out the highway code to some people in your area :O

7 minutes ago, .#Crash said:

Geez, sounds like you need to start handing out the highway code to some people in your area :O

I fully totally agree. It's no joke when stuck behind one on a  50 but can't over take because of the nature of the road (i.e. solid white lines etc.).At least you can get past on the 60 as long as speedy is not on top of the bridge

4 hours ago, Gizza11 said:

I fully totally agree. It's no joke when stuck behind one on a  50 but can't over take because of the nature of the road (i.e. solid white lines etc.).At least you can get past on the 60 as long as speedy is not on top of the bridge

I remember getting a minor on a mock test for going too far under the speed limit (44 or something in a 50). He said I was lucky not to have it for not paying attention to road signs as I had just a few minutes before come out of a 40, but as I was 4mph over he assumed I saw the speed change.