Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brakes pads - these any good?

omen1314

Mot guy says i need two new front tyres and front pads and its only done 7500 miles.

I would say thats pretty poor performance?

Saw these on amazon - any good?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N197RDA/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A11348FWD7PXU0

Has it been mot'd lately? 7500 is poor. 

Hi Stef hows things long time no speak - i used to be over on the Streetka forum if you remember until my honest and sometimes ribald posts got me banned by Stoney!

Yeah my mum used it and she only ran to the shops so didnt do much mileage.

Bought in 2014 as ex demonstrator and just MOTD April.

Yeah i thought that was poor myself.

I am finding it a rather cracking little car much better than the Streetkrap!

I do, vaguely though lol 

mention of the brake pads on the mot certificate itself? 

7500 is ridiculous for both a set of front tyres and a set of pads.   Something wrong there somewhere.   I'd get a second opinion.

Tyre wise unless they've worn unevenly, it might be down to how it's driven.

for the pads, could be a stuck piston or rusty slider pins or again could be the driver.

those pads could be OK, it's always a good idea to go for the cheapest unknown brand possible for things like brakes and tyres etc.

I always buy good tyres but cheap brake pads have always been fine with my Rover820si, Dutton Phaeton S3, Opel Manta B, Streetka but not my Lotus Excel Eclat.

And now the Fiesta to add to the collection we shall see!

Yes thats what i thought 7500 and two new front tyres and pads is pretty poor but its my mothers car so i have no idea if she had everything checked properly when she bought it in 2014.

I think maybe your mum is sneaking out at night doing burnouts :wink:

as above I would get a second opinion something isn't right there or maybe post a pic of the tyres to show how they are worn

1 hour ago, MarksST said:

hose pads could be OK, it's always a good idea to go for the cheapest unknown brand possible for things like brakes and tyres etc.

I sincerely hope that was a typo, or some sarcasm that I missed.

• Like 2

Its ok ive been doing car mechanics for 30 years and they are worn but i wouldnt say they need replaced yet.

I will stick up a couple of photos!

A lot of counterfeit brake components about.  Only buy from a trusted source.  

Yeah the seller i usually use is Eurocarparts i have used them for years and never had a problem yet!

Quickco also gets 100% reviews.

Always pays to check reviews on anything you buy these days even counterfeit pills are being sold in Boots.

You cannot actually tell these days even Cisco routers and switches are being cloned in the midnight hour factories.

Midnight hour factories are ten a penny in China now its quite worrying!

QSP Logo

The QSP Own Brand is the newest line in Quickco’s aftermarket range and has been designed to fulfil all of the quality standards that the QSP Aftermarket program has been built upon.

The QSP brand is a refelction of high quality and reliability inbred into Quickco.

Our QSP Braking range:

• Our Brake Pads and Brake Discs all meet all Block Exemption requirements.
  • Covering 95% of the Car manufacturers vehicles.
  • Manufactured on our behalf and supplied directly from the product manufactures.
  • Providing the best Quality at the most cost effective price.

QSP has been developed and designed to provide our customers with a quality assured product, as a more cost effective alternative to our other offerings.

Our QSP own brand range at present includes brake pads, brake discs, batteries, Wiper Blades and pollen filters. 

There is also an ongoing development to increase the range to include additional items as time moves on.

Please contact our Sales team for more information.

We now also sponsor our own QSP race car.....Click Here for more details.

https://www.quickco.co.uk/qsp

• Like 1