Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2 Focus Window Problems

Alfie1001

Hello,

Been having a few problems with my Ford Focus 2009 Titanium , I am not the best with cars so excuse my terms.

Basically back in February the battery died whilst i was in the cinema, Some one tried to roll start the car for me ( Which i have now heard is supposedly bad for the car). I left it there for the night and then borrowed a jump start machine thing from my work the next day and got it going.  When i used the drivers side window and drivers side back seat window, The one touch stopped working, The windows were very sluggish and would go down when i press the button repeatedly. Same as when i would want to do them up, would have to press the button repeatedly to gradually raise them, as i would raise the driver side window it would get about a 3rd of the way up and then it would lower its self automatically. Eventually it would make it to the top.

So i googled it and found about resetting the windows, by holding the button up when the window is closed for a few seconds and then lowering and repeating this whilst the window is down. This has never worked for the windows on the right side of the car. Today i had to replace my battery and the left side windows had the same problem, i tried to reset them and it worked which was great. Tried it with the right side and still nothing. When i unlock the car with the key and hold the button only the windows on the left side will close and open.

I have checked on ford ETIS and it is included in my car.

Just wondered if any knew the or had an idea of what is wrong, before i bring it to ford to get my bank mullered. 

Any info is appreciated Many Thanks

Alfie

Hi have you tried to reset all the windows now you have a good battery? Lower the window and hold the button in the down position for a few seconds then raise that window and hold the button in the up position for a few seconds repeat this process on all four windows and all should be good 

52 minutes ago, TangoDaz said:

Hi have you tried to reset all the windows now you have a good battery? Lower the window and hold the button in the down position for a few seconds then raise that window and hold the button in the up position for a few seconds repeat this process on all four windows and all should be good 

Yeah i have tried that many times, like i said above it only worked on the left side. The windows on the  right just dont seem to be reprogrammed 

Sorry didn't know if you had tried it after fitting the new battery 

I don't know enough to be helpful in context, but sounds like maybe a fuse issue?  If one side of the car is fine and the other ain't, its got to be something common to both RH windows.  Assuming the windows work from the buttons ok and its just the one shot up and down/ global closing then maybe the relays for those windows are knackered.

Can someone more knowledgeable confirm or correct?

Would there be any way to test this?

I think you'd need to find the fuses and/or one shot relays and test them with a multimeter.

The only.other think I can think of is if there's a problem with the GEM - the module which handles stuff like global close, anti hijack etc.

One other thing i have just noticed, is the control to adjust the wing mirror on the right side does not work correctly.

Up makes the mirror go right

right makes the mirror go down

down make the mirror go left 

left makes the mirror go up .

Seems to be something wrong the right side of my car 

Could i be possible the drivers door switch and buttons are broken

8 hours ago, Alfie1001 said:

One other thing i have just noticed, is the control to adjust the wing mirror on the right side does not work correctly.

Up makes the mirror go right

right makes the mirror go down

down make the mirror go left 

left makes the mirror go up .

Seems to be something wrong the right side of my car 

That. Is messed up.

It's like your switch has been rotated 90 degrees!

Do all the windows operate normally from the switch?

Does the other mirror work correctly?

It may be worth unplugging and reseating the loom in the back of the switch?

Everything for the left side of the car works correctly, one touch windows, left wing mirror. Literally just the right side with these problems. Gonna try what you said when i get a chance.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club