Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight bulb upgrade

zagobir

Does anyone know what on earth the pictured bulb is as I'd like to swap my standard bulb for this??? Never seen one like this before but I quite the purple/blue glow that it gives off...

I got it from a 2nd hand unit I bought to replace a foggy one so no idea of its origins.

Thanks in advance [emoji106]80f05086674555b36a1568f98fc5191e.jpg939aba6ed20e7056f6f7561780734540.jpg

Sent from my Phantom6 using Tapatalk

head over to autobeam.co.uk they are good and you should find the same LED bulb your looking for

• Like 1

So it's deffo an LED one you think? Cheers, will have a look on there

Yeah W5W LED 

Thanks Ryan - a quick search brought up loads and it looks like what I'm after!

Can anyone recommend any particular brands or all they all pretty much the same. I'm using Osrams for my full beams at the moment...

The above website, put your car model make etc and it should show you all available bulbs/kits Ive only used these and found them good as too many cheap alternatives around latley

• Like 1

The above website, put your car model make etc and it should show you all available bulbs/kits Ive only used these and found them good as too many cheap alternatives around latley

Sorry, assumed they were just suppliers or car bulbs rather than a brand in itself. Just seen they've got loads of stuff for a Mk6 - gonna try not to go overboard and change ALL of my lights! [emoji23]

Sorry, assumed they were just suppliers of car bulbs rather than a brand in itself. Just seen they've got loads of stuff for a Mk6 - gonna try not to go overboard and change ALL of my lights! [emoji23]

haha do the full LED conversion and share with us all.

good prices too I thought

LOOOL! Watch this space [emoji6] Yeah really good prices! Spent quite a bit at Euros and Halfords on bulbs that I didn't REALLY want. Now I know where to go! [emoji4]

Not a 100% sure if you can use LED Bulbs in your dipped beam if you have a reflector housing type headlight I know you shouldn't with HID's but LED I am unsure, for my dipped beam I use Osram NightBreaker Laser they're the best halogen bulb I've used massive improvement on the normal NightBreakers, but I heard they don't last too long but I drive mainly at night and have had them for a good 6 months now I think.

Autobeam do great LED sidelights they just didn't last longer than 2 weeks on my car before failing but older cars seem okay they're aware of the problems.

Oh really!? Thanks for bringing that up, I'll bare it in mind [emoji4] I will take a look at the NightBreakers as well. At the moment I'm using their Xenon Cool Blue ones. At least I have the old bulbs still that I can swap back to if I run into any trouble!