Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Advise on clutch

Lewiemcminn182

I have a 2007 zetec s 1.6i, when i have the engine running it struggles to go into gear, it also grinds an crunches into reverse every time, it slips into gear fine when the engine is off can anyone help? Thanks

Reverse always gives a crunch on the IB5 box.

I've sorted countless IB5 boxes on fiesta's now where the bushing on the selector seizes up when its warm and makes it very difficult to get into gear.

Its difficult to get into gear whether its cold or hot to be honest, thinking it might need clutch replacing

Is there any slipping from the clutch? 

Unable to give it a proper drive as its on a sorn etc. Wouldnt say its slipping, pedal feels a little higher than my last fiesta and slight judder as you take off in first, but whether hot or cold its hard to put in gear all the time, goes in nicely whrn engines off.  have a few months before im on road again so now would be the time to sort any issues i guess

The judder when moving off could be the clutch as I had that on my Peugeot and after changing the clutch the judders gone

How long has it been out of use? rust on flywheel/clutch pressure plate causing clutch drag? 

Clutch pedal high? that would be the opposite of it not declutching properly.

I had a mk1 fiesta where it started to judder really really badly (I mean like the car felt like it was going to fall to bits) . had to dismantle and it was broken fulcrum ring in the clutch pressure plate.

Had an opel kaddett (the one like a coupe version of vauxhall chevette), the clutch kept playing up and needed the cable continuously adjusting one way and the other ,had to dismantle, the diaphram spring in the clutch pressure plate had broken

Both of those problems are pretty rare I reckon.

Anyway, I think it would be a bit silly to start doing major work on your car until it has had a good drive to see if it gets better / worse/ the same

(clutch fluid need bleeding?)

Its been driven everyday up until i bought it a week ago, been like that since i got it, the juddering is minimal but it is very difficult to put into gear more than anything, i get that reverse is like that in every fiesta but i have to force it into each gear whether hot or cold, its fine when im parked up with my engine off i can get every gear easily, thats what made me think clutch, thanks for advice btw guys 👍

If you do decide to do the clutch do change the gear box fluid. In my pug after changing the clutch I also got the gearbox fluid changed and noticed the gear lever felt looser and went into gear a little easier. Sadly the pug is going to a new home 😢