Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deciding on the colour of my first car!

LJAM

Hi, 

I am a 17 year old kid who is fortunate enough to get a Fiesta Zetec S as their first car! But I am completely torn on what colour to go for! Originally I loved the colour of the Red edition, yet I have recently seen a white version with black wheels,roof and wind mirrors. 

I would really appreciate feedback from what you fiesta owners think and any pictures of perhaps both colours to help me figure out!

Thanks,

Luke

What year fiesta are you planning? I recently bought a 2006 Ford fiesta mk6 zetec s 1.6 TDCi in black. I myself would stick to black as it is like a mirror when it's clean 

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

Im currently looking at 2013/2014 mate! Realistically im only looking at white and red. However, im afraid i will be constantly cleaning the white to keep it looking nice and not dirty!

P.S Nice badge on the back!

Also! Is that interior red custom and do you have race seats?

• Like 1

Just now, LJAM said:

Im currently looking at 2013/2014 mate! Realistically im only looking at white and red. However, im afraid i will be constantly cleaning the white to keep it looking nice and not dirty!

P.S Nice badge on the back!

I had a frozen white Fiesta I actually found it easier to keep clean than my current midnight sky Focus, all I'd say is if you choose white is do what I did, when I bought it I got it a protection detail and it just did the me a whole world of good, dirt did not stick to it and tar marks were easy to remove, the protection detail was the best £120 I've ever spent lasted 2 years. P.S Don't go for that rubbish paint protection a dealer tells you to get a car detailer will do a far better job.

• Like 1

Defo do the white , it aint as hard to keep clean as you think plus will hold its value better as its more desirable, really down to personal preference tho. Google a few in each colour and see what you think

• Like 1

Yeah would say go for white. It's a premium colour and like usersteve said will hold it value. It rare finding the mk6 zetec s in white and they are going for a bit more than the others. 

On my zetec s it has the optional red dashboard. The S on the back of the car I'm thinking of replacing for a new one as the red starts to fade over years. Seats are factory, wanted to get them part leatherDSC_0017.thumb.JPG.955c8b3bb49bbc8633aa9c08fde4bbce.JPG

I have a white zetec, but I prefer the red edition. Just something about the red and black colour scheme. My alloys (the same as a zetec s) tend to look like I'm running space savers or I don't have any wheels. The bright car just makes them look like part of the wheel arch.

As others have said, white holds its value better, but I would tint the windows (my next job, I hate paying people to do something I know I can do myself and have the tools for), and wrap the roof and wing mirrors black. Could also do the front bumper to look something like this.

download (1).jpg

I'm planning on getting the door handles, door strips and mirror covers colour coded on my fiesta but first want to make sure its properly running mechanicaly. If I did get a red car I would like to have black wheels and some of the trims black as well. With tinting it can be a long job. I'd myself would pay someone for that but luckily my ZS has rear factory tints

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

I have a white zetec, but I prefer the red edition. Just something about the red and black colour scheme. My alloys (the same as a zetec s) tend to look like I'm running space savers or I don't have any wheels. The bright car just makes them look like part of the wheel arch.

As others have said, white holds its value better, but I would tint the windows (my next job, I hate paying people to do something I know I can do myself and have the tools for), and wrap the roof and wing mirrors black. Could also do the front bumper to look something like this.

download (1).jpg

As a matter of fact, I found your car on google images a few weeks back and have been using it to show others what I would do If I got a white one! 

I have been looking at this Zetec S in particularly https://www.brothersdetailing.co.uk/ford-fiesta-zetec-s .

It comes with a wrapped roof, custom made Powerflow Sports Exhaust, tinted windows and mesh for the rear lights (dont quite know what they do). The only thing that is bugging me is the red seats in a white car. I think it would look so much nicer with grey.

However, I am afraid it may cost more to insure it? Anyone know?

Mine is a 2017 Fiesta ST-LIne Red Edition. So it's a Zetec-S with a new name. I won't lie, I love my car and I love the colour. Originally I was looking at the black edition, and then my girlfriend told me she thought it looked chavvy..and the more I looked at it the more she was right. SO I look at the red edition and fell in love.

That being said, someone who works next to me has a white zetec-s with black alloys and it's gorgeous (apart from his scratched alloys).. I think it depends on what you're after. The white is a little more 'classy' shall we say, whereas the red edition looks a bit more sporty and will make you look like a boy racer.

When I was looking at getting my car, I also viewed the standard ST-Line in a dark grey, which looked really nice, and also candy red. Candy red looked amazing. I preferred it to the red edition to be honest. I went with the red edition though as I was able to get some added extras on at no extra charge.

Congratulations on your first car being an almost new fiesta zetec-s. They're lovely cars to drive, and enjoyable to drive. I'm going to do the mature thing now though and give you advice to drive carefully. At least for the first 6 months very carefully. Especially at 17, with mates in the car, it's easy to get sucked into driving dangerously. And although you might eb a good enough driver, if a police officer sees a fiesta zetec-s driving dangerously they'll soon have your license. I'm sure you'll drive fine, but in the years I have been driving, I've seen so many my age or younger driving selfishly.

But...enjoy having the car, you'll love it! (Careful of other drivers too, noone seems to be able to drive anymore)

• Like 1

My vote is Frozen White & yes it's very easy to keep looking good!

IMG_5136.JPG

• Like 1

A red car with black rims will definitely look good.

36 minutes ago, HappyJam said:

Mine is a 2017 Fiesta ST-LIne Red Edition. So it's a Zetec-S with a new name. I won't lie, I love my car and I love the colour. Originally I was looking at the black edition, and then my girlfriend told me she thought it looked chavvy..and the more I looked at it the more she was right. SO I look at the red edition and fell in love.

That being said, someone who works next to me has a white zetec-s with black alloys and it's gorgeous (apart from his scratched alloys).. I think it depends on what you're after. The white is a little more 'classy' shall we say, whereas the red edition looks a bit more sporty and will make you look like a boy racer.

When I was looking at getting my car, I also viewed the standard ST-Line in a dark grey, which looked really nice, and also candy red. Candy red looked amazing. I preferred it to the red edition to be honest. I went with the red edition though as I was able to get some added extras on at no extra charge.

Congratulations on your first car being an almost new fiesta zetec-s. They're lovely cars to drive, and enjoyable to drive. I'm going to do the mature thing now though and give you advice to drive carefully. At least for the first 6 months very carefully. Especially at 17, with mates in the car, it's easy to get sucked into driving dangerously. And although you might eb a good enough driver, if a police officer sees a fiesta zetec-s driving dangerously they'll soon have your license. I'm sure you'll drive fine, but in the years I have been driving, I've seen so many my age or younger driving selfishly.

But...enjoy having the car, you'll love it! (Careful of other drivers too, noone seems to be able to drive anymore)

For reference seeing as everyone is showing their cars...

17191346_10210718509271855_3813701468626472264_n.jpg

17799287_10210956035609865_1454109265936081723_n.jpg

17799995_10210956035569864_4276425247071126643_n.jpg

20108332_10211842832219226_6134063201149698503_n (1).jpg

20228586_10211842858699888_5329890381031963370_n.jpg

• Like 1

Have to say happyjam it does look nice. I myself now would have difficulty choosing a colour. That car doesn't look bad LJAM. Think I should start working and save money for a car not that old. Insurance may be cheaper as it's not a old car. When I was looking for my zetec s, very few of them came with the red dashboard and I thought it didn't look nice. When I went to see the one I got now I fell in love with it. 

17 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

I had a frozen white Fiesta I actually found it easier to keep clean than my current midnight sky Focus, all I'd say is if you choose white is do what I did, when I bought it I got it a protection detail and it just did the me a whole world of good, dirt did not stick to it and tar marks were easy to remove, the protection detail was the best £120 I've ever spent lasted 2 years. P.S Don't go for that rubbish paint protection a dealer tells you to get a car detailer will do a far better job.

Any idea where I could get one from? 

16 minutes ago, LJAM said:

Any idea where I could get one from? 

Any car detailer have a google "Car detailers near me" check out the websites and more importantly the Facebook pages get in touch over phone or better take a drive down in your chosen car and they will go over different packages with you, I have seen some places charging up to £500 for big packages which take around 3-5 days, a protection detail will take around 12 hours from what I've seen my Fiesta took 8 hours between 2 lasses :wub: 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LJAM said:

I have been looking at this Zetec S in particularly https://www.brothersdetailing.co.uk/ford-fiesta-zetec-s .

It comes with a wrapped roof, custom made Powerflow Sports Exhaust, tinted windows and mesh for the rear lights (dont quite know what they do). The only thing that is bugging me is the red seats in a white car. I think it would look so much nicer with grey.

However, I am afraid it may cost more to insure it? Anyone know?

The cost to get those curbed rims fixed would be more than to do all them mods yourself. Don't buy a Fiesta based on it's mods, all of them on that car are dirt cheap. Also that white fiesta before isn't mine 😂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kossofffan said:

My vote is Frozen White & yes it's very easy to keep looking good!

IMG_5136.JPG

Did you wrap those wind mirrors? :)

14 hours ago, HappyJam said:

Really appreciate this mate! Same here with black my family thinks It's too Chavy! And with red I feel it may be a bit too boy racer for me haha! Thanks for the advice on the driving aswell, really puts it in perspective. Maybe a black box is a good idea for the first year until I get experienced enough? Most insurance companies make them compulsory now! 

11 hours ago, Ryan_Tango said:

Any car detailer have a google "Car detailers near me" check out the websites and more importantly the Facebook pages get in touch over phone or better take a drive down in your chosen car and they will go over different packages with you, I have seen some places charging up to £500 for big packages which take around 3-5 days, a protection detail will take around 12 hours from what I've seen my Fiesta took 8 hours between 2 lasses :wub: 

Ok cheers for the advice :)

6 hours ago, LJAM said:

Did you wrap those wind mirrors? :)

No, these are factory supplied black.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club