Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forscan

Marcr1

Does anyone on here have any in depth knowledge of Forscan?

I've picked myself up a cable and software with the vision of enabling auto locking doors on my ST3 but I can't fathom it out... 

I've tried Googling etc and am not having much luck!

Thanks

I take it you've got past the setup and flicked the switch to get into the as-built section.

you need a licence to be able to activate that setting. when activated the doors lock at 15mph

No 🙈. I plugged it in and it recognised my car as a focus? Which I found strange. It then asked to make a copy of the settings into my documents. Which I did. But I was on edge about progressing as I didn't want to balls anything up

1 minute ago, cjay1 said:

you need a licence to be able to activate that setting. when activated the doors lock at 15mph

How do you go about getting a license? 

I have done a lot of mods on my Mondeo and will be doing a few more tomorrow, one of which includes the autolock.
Couple of questions. Do you know what your AS built lines are? Do you know what modules the lines you want to change are in? Do you know which lines you need to change and what you need to change them to? Do you know it's all letters and numbers and HEX data, not really just checking a box. I think you can do some mods in 'plain English' but it's not advised because you have no idea what the check boxes are changing the lines to. One line can have an effect on lots of different features and not just the one you think you are changing.

I guess the biggest question is; Do you know what you are doing? If you have to think about the answer, or it is a straight out No then stay well clear until you have done lots of research. Make a mistake with a line and you could brick your car, Ford would not touch it and if they did, any warranty Would be void.

I'm not trying to put you off or patronise anyone but I would hate for someone to brick their car.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The fact it's recognised it as a Focus makes me think you haven't got the right OBD2 scanner. I know my wireless scanner (unmodified) showed it up as a focus. Does have a switch on the unit somewhere to switch the two modes?

to activate mine i just ticked a box to activate the auto locking feature. i did take a backup of all my settings first just in case

46 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I have done a lot of mods on my Mondeo and will be doing a few more tomorrow, one of which includes the autolock.
Couple of questions. Do you know what your AS built lines are? Do you know what modules the lines you want to change are in? Do you know which lines you need to change and what you need to change them to? Do you know it's all letters and numbers and HEX data, not really just checking a box. I think you can do some mods in 'plain English' but it's not advised because you have no idea what the check boxes are changing the lines to. One line can have an effect on lots of different features and not just the one you think you are changing.

I guess the biggest question is; Do you know what you are doing? If you have to think about the answer, or it is a straight out No then stay well clear until you have done lots of research. Make a mistake with a line and you could brick your car, Ford would not touch it and if they did, any warranty Would be void.

I'm not trying to put you off or patronise anyone but I would hate for someone to brick their car.

This is what worries me! I had a similar system for my audi and it was a piece of cake to navigate. This ford one scares me some what! I've got an ELM 327 modified cable? 

43 minutes ago, cjay1 said:

to activate mine i just ticked a box to activate the auto locking feature. i did take a backup of all my settings first just in case

I don't suppose you could easily replicate it or have some sort of guide? 😂

I have never seen a version of forscan or a setting that lets you do tick boxes to change settings and activate things.

You need the modified ELM327, the extended Forscan license and a little bit of knowledge about it all. If you figure it out and find somewhere that you can get the line changes from then there is a lot you can do to enable options you would pay for.

@GingerFlame and @M4RC I'm sure they ticked boxes got puddle lights and cruise control to work.......

I've never use the forscan for enabling my auto lock, Iirc I used a program called FoCCCus. 

On 20/07/2017 at 9:31 AM, BobbyDee said:

I've never use the forscan for enabling my auto lock, Iirc I used a program called FoCCCus. 

Ok thanks, I'll have a look at this. Do you have a guide or any useful links on how to do it? 

It's not that hard to figure out tbh, there are plenty of guides already on here. Just search about a bit. I'm not sure FoCCCus will work for you, it's only designed for the focus.

Just to confirm have you modified your elm 327?

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

It's not that hard to figure out tbh, there are plenty of guides already on here. Just search about a bit. I'm not sure FoCCCus will work for you, it's only designed for the focus.

Yeah I bought an already modified elm 327 from eBay with the switch. 

That's the thing, I've tried searching but not having much luck. 

When you say it's not that hard, what are you referring to? Lines with numbers or tick boxes?

It may be different when plugged in to a Fiesta than it is to plug into my Mondeo. I use forscan and I had to change lines in the ICP and also the BCM, there was no tick box.

4 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

When you say it's not that hard, what are you referring to? Lines with numbers or tick boxes?

It may be different when plugged in to a Fiesta than it is to plug into my Mondeo. I use forscan and I had to change lines in the ICP and also the BCM, there was no tick box.

I had tick boxes when I used Forscan. Hardest part was getting the positioning right on the ebd2 switch. It was literally a case of make a backup, tick box, press save, done.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2017 at 1:48 AM, Jonro2009 said:

it is different on the fiesta as all the modules are contained in one config file which is stored on BCM and IPC has a backup

it is just as simple as using a drop down menu and selecting which setting you want 

• Like 1

Ah right, so it would be a preset number of mods you can do then, or is it just as customisable as using the hex numbers?

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

Ah right, so it would be a preset number of mods you can do then, or is it just as customisable as using the hex numbers?

The hex boxes you talk about are basically converted into English each line has a drop down menu with possible configurations i.e. Enable disable, which type screen or radio amount of Speakers etc

Ok, cheers for the info [emoji846] I had been wondering.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club