Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet guard

naefuse

I am looking for a bonnet guard for my Edge, I had one on my Kuga Sport and if anyone has one would like to see how it looks.

There are some genuine Ford ones on www.ebay.com but postage costs more than the actual item from America

What about having paint protection film applied to bonnet and bumper?

Cheers, have seen the ones in USA and postage costs, I prefer the look of the guards so will keep searching.

Is this the thing that looks like your car is wearing a nose bra ??  If so, what is the point ?  I've seen many cars with them. They protect the paint so the person you sell the car to gets unblemished paint but you can't even see it yourself. They strike me as a bit odd. 

• Like 1

Hi, no the bonnet bra covers a large area of the bonnet, what I'm looking for is made from the same stuff as the wind deflectors on side windows. 

• Like 1

I lived in Boston until last year and had an 2015 Explorer sport which for some reason Ford in their strange marketing don't bring across to Europe and it is a great 7 seater SUV. It's RRS/Grand Cherokee size so it is ok for British/Euro roads. I'm sure there is a market for non premium SUV for a little more money than the Edge. Anyway back to my reason for posting. I have an Edge sport in U.K as I'm over in Mass every few months so I've brought  some Ford genuine accessories back which are Hood protector, AWD badge, window deflectors and rear bumper protector. Again why Ford don't sell in U.K/ Europe is beyond me.

IMG_5073.JPG

IMG_5074.JPG

IMG_5076.JPG

IMG_5080.JPG

IMG_5075.JPG

• Like 2

Looks very smart on a black car, not too sure it would work that well on a white one.

Just out of interest how do you ship the larger parts back or do you put it in the hold of the plane?

I head out to Maine with work twice a year and shipped a roof rack back for my Edge but some shipping costs were extortionate. 

Hi, I'm usally at the front of the plane and Virgin allow 3 x32kg bag allowance so when I have brought these very light items back I reduce the packaging and they go as one of my bags in the hold as oversized baggage FOC. Framingham Ford on RT9 give me a good discount so if you are in Boston area try them out. If only UK Ford dealers were like the US dealers who are superb.

Thanks for that info. Much appreciated. We usually fly BA into Logan and drive up. Might have to give Virgin a go next time too.

Thanks again. 

The bonnet guard looks great, as you say why can't Ford uk get these things here. The black looks great.

The one on the picture looks great. The flappy leather ones however, in my opinion look ridiculous. 

Actually think the one in the picture would look even better on a non black car- especially white or silver

5 hours ago, naefuse said:

The bonnet guard looks great, as you say why can't Ford uk get these things here. The black looks great.

Yes very smart and what I like stealthy so it blends in beautifuly 

• Like 1

You guys might want to try Quirk Ford in Quincy, about 6 miles outside of Boston ( link below) They have a great online shop and all parts are 10% off. They do ship to UK because when I was last in they said they are sending loads of Mustang parts to owners in  uk.  The other dealer is Framingham Ford and they match Quirks price but I don't think they post out of Continental US.

http://www.quirkparts.com/ford/edge/vft4z16c900a/2016-year/sport-trim/2-7l-v6-gas-engine/exterior-cat/protection-scat/?part_name=air-deflector-by-lund-aeroskin

• Like 1

Daven2505, What do you think of the wind deflectors? I had them on my old Kuga (Escape) and found them quite noisy... What are they like on the Edge?

23 hours ago, daven2505 said:

You guys might want to try Quirk Ford in Quincy, about 6 miles outside of Boston ( link below) They have a great online shop and all parts are 10% off. They do ship to UK because when I was last in they said they are sending loads of Mustang parts to owners in  uk.  The other dealer is Framingham Ford and they match Quirks price but I don't think they post out of continental US.

http://www.quirkparts.com/ford/edge/vft4z16c900a/2016-year/sport-trim/2-7l-v6-gas-engine/exterior-cat/protection-scat/?part_name=air-deflector-by-lund-aeroskin

They do indeed ship to the UK.  A bonnet guard ships for the tidy sum of $271.76!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Those wind deflectors look very different to the ones I'm used to seeing, the Team Heko ones. Those appear to sit 'over' the window as opposed 'inside' the window. Very tidy looking car, very subtle and stealthy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Those wind deflectors look very different to the ones I'm used to seeing, the Team Heko ones. Those appear to sit 'over' the window as opposed 'inside' the window. Very tidy looking car, very subtle and stealthy.

Well spotted. I've always used the Climair wind deflectors which fit inside the window, but found them noisy on the Kuga

Well spotted. I've always used the Climair wind deflectors which fit inside the window, but found them noisy on the Kuga

How have you found them? Ideally I would like those for my Mondeo/fusion, are they available for my car do you know?

I think the Climair ones are what Ford dealers supply. Having had a Mondeo estate, and two Labradors, I got sick of it raining in when I opened the windows to prevent steaming up. Got a set for my Kuga (still have them in my garage) though found they suffered a lot of wind noise.

• 1 month later...

My parts finally turned up.

This is what it looks like on an Oxford White Sport

IMG_3992.PNG

• Like 2

On 23 July 2017 at 5:53 PM, daven2505 said:

Hi, I'm usally at the front of the plane and Virgin allow 3 x32kg bag allowance so when I have brought these very light items back I reduce the packaging and they go as one of my bags in the hold as oversized baggage FOC. Framingham Ford on RT9 give me a good discount so if you are in Boston area try them out. If only UK Ford dealers were like the US dealers who are superb.

Hi, that looks great, where did you purchase it as that's what I'm after.

Got it online from Quirkparts in USA and shipped it to work address out there. 

Just need the Ford dealers over here to stock them. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 07/09/2017 at 9:44 PM, Owen1988 said:

My parts finally turned up.

This is what it looks like on an Oxford White Sport

IMG_3992.PNG

Love the look of that, are they available in the UK yet?

• 4 weeks later...

VFT4Z-16C900-A

Not available from UK dealers though