Do Not Sell My Personal Information

frustrated!!!!

peanuts

just had my tdci 130 in to have the injection sorted after being stuck in limp mode for some considereable time .informed that all for injectors needed re programing and are sorted got to pick it up 5 miles down the road accelerating along the M602 clunck power drops off dreaded flashing glow plug light is back ! , pull up swicch off then on clears it then off we go car all right in the lower gears will hold hard acceleration revs all the way to 4500 .in 4th /5th accelerting around the 60-70mph mark 2500- 3000 rpm does it again strange ? back to garage on monday any one any ideas as they havent

wondering if anyone else has had this on any of the ford 2.0 tdci engines (maybe time for a forum just for this engine as its spread across the range rather than having to look through each different model)?

this is the symptons of a cam or crank sensor starting to break down, get back to the garage and get the stored codes from the ecu to point you in the right direction of what the problem could be.

this is the symptons of a cam or crank sensor starting to break down, get back to the garage and get the stored codes from the ecu to point you in the right direction of what the problem could be.

would this also cause cold starting problems as well

apparently the fault codes read that the injectors needed re programing and nothing else ?

would think the crank sensor wouldnt show untill it completly failed ?

do you know what the fault codes were ? the common ones which can be cured by a recode are p2336,p2337 and p2338.

just had my tdci 130 in to have the injection sorted after being stuck in limp mode for some considereable time .informed that all for injectors needed re programing and are sorted got to pick it up 5 miles down the road accelerating along the M602 clunck power drops off dreaded flashing glow plug light is back ! , pull up swicch off then on clears it then off we go car all right in the lower gears will hold hard acceleration revs all the way to 4500 .in 4th /5th accelerting around the 60-70mph mark 2500- 3000 rpm does it again strange ? back to garage on monday any one any ideas as they havent

wondering if anyone else has had this on any of the ford 2.0 tdci engines (maybe time for a forum just for this engine as its spread across the range rather than having to look through each different model)?

I've had the same problem recently as has my wife with her fiesta. the common denominator is they're all diesel. We live in Scotland. We've had snow for aprox 3 weeks now. That's aprox 2 feet of snow that hasn't gone away. Temperatures range from -5 at best to one morning - 22 on way to work. Diesel "waxes" at low temperatures. This means basically that particles in the fuel freeze and block your fuel filter. My engine management light has come on and gone off at it's own will. My wife is lucky enough to have a vehicle fleet garage that read her faults which showed low fuel volume and viscosity. Driving makes the problem worse as cold wet air passes over the fuel pipes cooling the diesel within. All the advice available seems to be to park in a garage or if that's not possible park the rear into the wind and keep your tamk full so condensation on inside of tank doesn't freeze. I'm surrised your garage haven't heard of waxing. I remember watching some travel adventure documentary years ago and Russian lorry drivers had to light a fire under their engines overnight to stop the diesel freezing. There are additives avialable that supposedly help by changing the shae of the particles in the diesel making them long and thin so they pass thro the filter but I haven't experimented with them yet. Kerosene (central heating oil) also is supposed to work when added to your tank but I haven't tried that either. I find keeping revs below 2000 works best. Easy here as roads covered in snow so noone driving much above 30 mh. Not so easy on a motorway!!!!!

Funnily enough was staying in arbroath for the whole of the xmas break when the fault manifested itself so much the same conditions would only start with a jump start below 3 degrees wonder if the glow plug circuit staying on at that temprature was what was killing my battery ? Anyway starting fault now gone started first try this morning -3 so the reprogramme seems to have worked on the injection now to find what keeps bringing the fault light on i have noticed a small and i mean small amount of diesel around no1 injector possible leak from return pipe ? Could this cause the limp mode to trip when that injector asks for sustained fuel flow during long periods of accelaration in higher gears and not show in short bursts in low gear ? As the return ciruit probly not needed during short sharp bursts ?

It`s a charactaristic on the Early TDCi Mondeos, they are very unreliable up to 03 and some no better beyond, Turbo`s Injectors, Fuel Pumps and Clutches all cause problems

And all very costly.

Yet more on this ever increasing puzzle out today went on motor way car fine until for no reason starts to judder and shake at 65- 70 in 5th misfire only happens between 1900-2400 revs in 5th in all other gears doesent happen ? ? ? ? ? .Gentle throttle presure eases it just lost now total puzzle realy beging to suspect the ecu is duff and just cutting the engine at random just happens at random totaly lost any confidance in it ! Does anyone have any ideas ? At all ? Please ?

Yet more on this ever increasing puzzle out today went on motor way car fine until for no reason starts to judder and shake at 65- 70 in 5th misfire only happens between 1900-2400 revs in 5th in all other gears doesent happen ? ? ? ? ? .Gentle throttle presure eases it just lost now total puzzle realy beging to suspect the ecu is duff and just cutting the engine at random just happens at random totaly lost any confidance in it ! Does anyone have any ideas ? At all ? Please ?

i didnt have the warning light prob u had on my mkiii tdci but the stuttering prob at around 2000 rpm in 5th and 6th nturned out to be a partially blocked egr. this u can clean ureself in less than an hour

i didnt have the warning light prob u had on my mkiii tdci but the stuttering prob at around 2000 rpm in 5th and 6th nturned out to be a partially blocked egr. this u can clean ureself in less than an hour

ta muchly chris will try that when it gets atad warmer

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club