Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Condenser Combination Unit for 2003 Ford Zetec

Dl100uk

Hi all,

My condenser has sprung a leak and therefore I need to replace it. I've been told that this year of Ford Focus Zetec (2003 1.6L) has a combination radiator/ condenser.

Could anyone please advise on what the correct replacement would be to purchase? I've seen several on eBay that claim to be replacements, but they do not look like my existing one - and I don't know the Part number for the item, so can't really compare.

Eurocar parts recon it's this part: http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/222590200

But at that price, I'm reluctant to buy it on a 50/50 that its the part I need.

Any help please??

Thanks in advance

take a look at carparts4less website, same company as eurocarparts but cheaper £70 for your condenser on there

• Like 1

Thanks Andypsp, that's alot cheaper.

Just to confirm is that the right replacement for my car?

How difficult is this to change out? It doesn't appear too bad and there is no gas in the system, but just want to know if there is anything I need to be aware of.

Thanks again.

you need to put your car reg in and it will list whats avalible for your car, you`ll need to get a garage to fit it as the air-con gas will have to be removed 1st i think and re-filled later

just checked on eBay even cheaper £40 

eBay item number:

16 hours ago, Dl100uk said:

Hi all,

My condenser has sprung a leak and therefore I need to replace it. I've been told that this year of Ford Focus Zetec (2003 1.6L) has a combination radiator/ condenser.

Could anyone please advise on what the correct replacement would be to purchase? I've seen several on ebay that claim to be replacements, but they do not look like my existing one - and I don't know the Part number for the item, so can't really compare.

Eurocar parts recon it's this part: http://www.eurocarparts.com/search/222590200

But at that price, I'm reluctant to buy it on a 50/50 that its the part I need.

Any help please??

Thanks in advance

http://www.adrad.co.uk/prices/prices.php?type=radiator&id=16-1068&model=FOCUS&make=FORD

Also look here - http://www.fastrads.co.uk

My old 2004 Focus had the aluminium Multi Exchanger Rad i.e. Condenser and Radiator combined in one unit as linked above.   Easiest way to identify is to measure the rad post to post and compare to the model diagram  in the first link above, Also compare the pipe feed locations.

The main dealer quoted £700+ for the part lol.  The correct aftermarket part was around £140-£200 but sometimes I was quoted less for the wrong part !

Stupid design and your best option way be to buy a separate rad and condenser then bolt together if you don' fancy cutting the old unit apart.  

1 hour ago, andypsp said:

you need to put your car reg in and it will list whats avalible for your car, you`ll need to get a garage to fit it as the air-con gas will have to be removed 1st i think and re-filled later

just checked on ebay even cheaper £40 

eBay item number:

For what it's worth that doesn't look anything like the correct rad assuming it's an actual image of the item. Plus when I put the detail of my old Focus that had the multi exchanger it says this item isn't compatible.  

2 hours ago, avi said:

For what it's worth that doesn't look anything like the correct rad assuming it's an actual image of the item. Plus when I put the detail of my old Focus that had the multi exchanger it says this item isn't compatible.  

i didn`t say it was the the correct part i was looking for prices, eurocarpart and carparts4less show no pics on the site, so you still wouln`t know if its correct until you compare with whats fitted on the car

2 hours ago, andypsp said:

i didn`t say it was the the correct part i was looking for prices, eurocarpart and carparts4less show no pics on the site, so you still wouln`t know if its correct until you compare with whats fitted on the car

Having been through the process of buying one of these I'm just trying to help the OP avoid the pitfall I hit of dealers suggesting parts that were just wrong even when providing the car reg.   If I enter my old reg on Eurocarparts and look for the rad it brings up the radiator part 203590590 for £71.99 but other info for this part states  "As Per Dealer Info Use- 20359059 & 22256020, Info- Combined Radiator & Condenser Sold As Separate Units, With A/C".  It also shows a picture but It's not clear if this is just the rad or the multi-exchanger rad.

I'm not sure if the part quoted for £117 by the OP is just a condenser bit which would mean breaking apart the existing multi-exchanger unit (the condenser and rad are welded together as a single unit) without damaging the rad element and then trying to fix this new condenser to what's left of the old multi-exchanger rad.

The total combined aluminum multi exchanger unit (rad and condenser as one ) is showing in stock at Fastrads for £103 part ACR002