Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading Mk7 Front Speakers

Fraser.

Hi guys

Got abit of spare cash lying around so I fancy upgrading the door Speakers, I think the stock system is good, I just fancy seeing if a simple speaker upgrade will make it sound any better.

I'll probably just go for a set of the pioneer custom fit Speakers like these...

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pioneer-ts...custom-fit.html

I'm pretty competent with stuff like this so I have no problem doing the work myself, but does anybody know if any adaptors are needed for fitting, with regards to window clearance etc? I don't want to have to cut any wires either, so do the standard ford speaker wires have a special type of connector into the speaker?

Thanks guys.

Bump! :D

Also has anybody had the doorcard off their fiesta? Was it an easy job? And how is it done? I can't be bothered to go out in the snow and check at the moment lol. Might be a good idea to put a layer of sound deadning on the back of the door card when it's off aswell, improve the bass response and get rid of some rattles!

I've not seen it myself but i'd imagine it would be just a simple job, cutting any wires shudn't be needed as Speakers are like a standasied setup

Manufacturs all usually have different connector blocks on the end of the speaker wires that won't connect directly to an aftermarket speaker. It may be different with this car though! Adaptors aren't hard to get hold of anyway, just need to know what the connector looks like really.

I'm also interested in this one... I'm tempted to know the outcome.

I've never really played around with car audio stuff though. I've got the bluetooth Stereo with the 6 speaker system so wondered if you can upgrade all 6? Or is it just pointless?

Also, would it be a tad dangerous to trust Halfords with this kind of job? If so, any suggestions of good places in the Sussex (preferably east sussex) area to do this work.

Hi All,

I was considering doing this myself, my dayjob is computer stuff and i'm happy putting together servers/computers etc and mostly build my own boxes.

I dont fancy ripping apart panels though because If I do snap them then it'll cost me more in the long run.

I dropped through Halfords today for a little advice on this (no nearby local car audio shops about).. They had some Alphine custom fit Speakers.

The thoughts from Halfords are that these could only be fitted in the back doorpanels, not in the front door panels. I have the bluetooth system with 6 Speakers and i guess two are in the rear and four are in the front?

When i use the fader for audio (front/rear) the front seems to be about 80% of the sound.

So.... after the longwinded post above.. Would upgrading the rear ones be pointless if only ~20% of the power is going to those Speakers?

Also, was the guy talking bull about the front ones not being able to be upgraded? Surely car companies like Ford engineer things with the aftermarket also in mind (i.e. All slightly older cars can have speakers changed/upgraded)?

Any thoughts? Not sure I'll get them to do the work now, might find a shop if i travel a little.

Hi All,

I was considering doing this myself, my dayjob is computer stuff and i'm happy putting together servers/computers etc and mostly build my own boxes.

I dont fancy ripping apart panels though because If I do snap them then it'll cost me more in the long run.

I dropped through Halfords today for a little advice on this (no nearby local car audio shops about).. They had some Alphine custom fit speakers.

The thoughts from Halfords are that these could only be fitted in the back doorpanels, not in the front door panels. I have the bluetooth system with 6 speakers and i guess two are in the rear and four are in the front?

When i use the fader for audio (front/rear) the front seems to be about 80% of the sound.

So.... after the longwinded post above.. Would upgrading the rear ones be pointless if only ~20% of the power is going to those speakers?

Also, was the guy talking bull about the front ones not being able to be upgraded? Surely car companies like Ford engineer things with the aftermarket also in mind (i.e. All slightly older cars can have speakers changed/upgraded)?

Any thoughts? Not sure I'll get them to do the work now, might find a shop if i travel a little.

Ford do a pioneer upgrade kit for front and rear and sub. :rolleyes:

Ford do a pioneer upgrade kit for front and rear and sub. :rolleyes:

Do you know the part numbers for these Ash? :unsure:

And are they an "over the counter" upgrade (i.e. fit them yourself) or is it dealer-fit only?

Cheers

:)

Ford do a pioneer upgrade kit for front and rear and sub.

Cool, as FMC has asked, i'd take that route. I didnt know the dealers offered anything. They certainly didnt when I bought it. Any links or additional info would be welcome.

Just spoken with my local ford dealer. They're a little stumped and cant find the Pioneer kit. Anyone got any part numbers or anything?

I should add, trying to spend money on the car now... because when the summer comes the bikes getting it all.

has anyone done all this? i keep getting tempted to do it but dont know much about changing car Speakers as this is my first car, i can change normal Speakers etc cos i built my own, its just i don't want make a mess of the car...

what size are the Speakers and is it a easy job do????

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club