Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Strange EGR Problems

Vladek

Hello,

I have a 2011 mk2.5 Ford Focus TDCi 70k mi. I am having problems with the car entering Limp mode as soon as i do 10-15 minutes of motorway driving. Restarting the car instantly gets the car out of Limp mode, but the problem will reappear soon after. I diagnosed using my ELM327 and I've got 2 errors:

P0490 Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Circuit High
P042F Exhaust Gas Recirculation Control Stuck Closed

I took my car to the Ford service and they changed the EGR Valve 2 times in order to exclude a bad new EGR valve, but unfortunately the problem is still there. After that, they changed the EGR plug hoping that will solve it, but nothing changed. They did an ECU software update and still nothing. I am uploading a printscreen with Forscan monitoring when the car is in Limp mode and the EGR is stuck closed regardless of the enginge RPM. Notice the LL_EGRTV variable is showing "Not Learnt". That makes me think my car is having trouble learning the new EGR valve parameters. I have to mention I had a minor crash in my front left wheel 4 months ago and considering the ECU is just near it, maybe that is the cause. Did anyone encountered a similar problem? Any idea on how I can solve this? Thank you.

EGR.png

I'm having the same problem so would be good to hear of any suggestions.

I tried removing and cleaning my EGR, then blanked it off and unplugged it. Although limp mode doesn't happen as often I do still get it on the motorway where it won't rev and I'll have to pull in and reduce my speed.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club