Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Start-stop never activates!

martin2345uk

Anyone got any ideas as to why my SS never activates? It’s a 2013 1L ecoboost, I don’t have the climate control on, the engine is in the “middle” temperature range, I come to a stop, put it in neutral and the engine never stops!

Not sure if it’s me or a fault somewhere [emoji37]

I assume you have toggled the SS switch. The battery could just not be charged enough. All depends on how long you drive the car for each day. Even though your coolant temp is at 90 degrees, doesn't mean you engine is up to temp.

I had this problem when I first got mine.   It turned out to be the battery monitor module.

Try resetting the battery monitor to do this turn the car on to acc wait 10 seconds then press fog light switch 5 times then hazard switch 3 times then the battery light on dash will flash to confirm it was completed successfully 

Also won't hurt to charge your battery using a charger that is stop start battery compatible not all chargers are

I’ll try that thanks, what is “acc” though..?

it is the first click on the key when you turn it (the accessory position).  

I have tried the reset and it didn't work in the acc position.  you have to turn the key until all the dash lights illuminate, it works then.

• Like 1

It works on position 2 (the one just before you turn the engine on)