Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.0 ecoboost 125 problem please help

Stlinemull

hi everyone I wonder if I am experiencing a normal problem with my car as its my first ford and with the new 1.0 ecoboost engine. I have noticed that when accelerating hard the car seems to have massive hesitation and almost power surgers that go and come quickly so when your driving you feel the car like hopping and jerking forward and back. I have had the car blue fin remapped but it was doing it before this was fitted. I thought maybe it was the traction control but that made no difference. I do need a new tyre on drivers side front so could this be it ? or is this normal from the turbo and the ecoboost engine ? any help greatly appreciated 

I've driven 8+ (hire cars) MK3 facelift Focus with the 125BHP 1 litre engine and none of them behaved like that.  I'd said get it back in the garage whilst it's under warranty.

I agree. Our 125ps Ecoboost doesn't behave like that.

Don't forget to take the Bluefin off, though, as it might void the warranty.

Mine runs fine, never experienced your issues (watch me start having said issues after posting that 😂)

take it back to ford/the garage where you bought it from... but as mentioned above, uninstall the bluefin first as they will likely blame that and void your warranty.

• Like 2

I've read somewhere on here that the ECU stores how many times its been flashed and Ford techs can see this.

Not being up on remapping I'm not sure if Bluefin actually flashes the ECU or just affects it's inputs like the arachnids do?

Hope you get it sorted anyway.

Bluefin is a full remap that is installed by the user from a handheld OBD device. Bluefin is known to be one of the best, most reliable ways to remap a car. 

A "normal" Ford mechanic can not detect a (Bluefin) remap. In the diagnostic software the remap will simply be shown as the original software version the remap is based on. The PCM does also not store information about when it was flashed and how many times it was flashed.  

The remap can only be detected by comparing the actual map data with the map data of the original software. A ford dealer does not do this. Only in case of a serious engine related warranty claim Ford may ask for the PCM for further analysis.

• Like 4

I would not worry about the bluefin even I was considering getting one done, they really need to look at the sensor readings to notice a remap which is unlikely. The car may just be in learning mode....

• 1 month later...

thank you so much everyone for all your replies so sorry for my response. not managed to take it to ford yet but I did message blue fin and they have said that they recommended the car when done with their equipment to run on super unleaded fuels they did mention that bhp per litre the car has more than some imprezas and evos.so I did what they said and the car does performance wise pull better I noticed probably after a couple of tanks. I still get the above problem but not all the time it's when I am reaching maximum torque and also have noticed when turning the traction control of it seems better. I am going to keep an eye on it but if it starts again will get it straight in many thanks to all 

had a bluefin remap on my car for the last few weeks and i agree that the car can run a tad lumpy in 4th, 5th and 6th when "flooring it" at low rpm, drop it down a cog and that clears, now run on 99 octane tesco momentum fuel and no issues at all, the car is a fkin flyer!

hope you get your issues resolved, if you do find the cause, please pop it up here so we can all look out for the same on our wagons. :cool:

had bluefin on mine for nearly 3 yrs and 30,000 miles. still runs fine.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club